Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Uber Eats

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
I have just become a 'partner' with them, delivering on a bike. Seemed a flexible way to get some cash fast and working beyond nine to five.

The pay as we all know is low, but it is now lower and the pay structure is lower then is reported by Uber themselves. Some of the full timers can get a fair bit of cash it seems, working on scooters.

The phone app rings of the hook at busy periods, so it seems a popular service, with many riders - mainly delivering to students , I have had 2 pounds in tips after 100 deliveries.

Someone ordered a single Mcflurry yesterday!

Do other people have experiences of working for Uber Eats, or have used the service?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
question this raised is how are supposedly poor students affording take away?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hmm. You don’t have the most reputable employer.

I suppose make accurate records of the time you’re working and the money you’re making to try and prove it’s under what you’ve been promised.

Hope the McFlurry guy wasn’t at the top of Southover Street!

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
question this raised is how are supposedly poor students affording take away?

IDK, it is 3.50 a delivery

sometimes the deliveries are a stones throw, one was 50 metres walk behind the London road MDs, opposite the level. Guy answers the door in boxer shorts and looks like he is in a dope coma. This is not an untypical demographic.

Morning deliveries of MDs breakfasts to estates is another pattern

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have just become a 'partner' with them, delivering on a bike. Seemed a flexible way to get some cash fast and working beyond nine to five.

The pay as we all know is low, but it is now lower and the pay structure is lower then is reported by Uber themselves. Some of the full timers can get a fair bit of cash it seems, working on scooters.

The phone app rings of the hook at busy periods, so it seems a popular service with many riders - mainly delivering to students , I have had 2 pounds in tips after 100 delivery.

Someone ordered a single Mcflurry yesterday!

Do other people have experiences of working for Uber Eats, or have used the service?

No offence, but you're just going to add to those other annoying sods on hairdryers, that deliver lazy food, whilst getting in the way of drivers. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you really saying you've done 100 deliveries and yielded a grand total of £2 in tips?

Can customers tip via the app, as when getting a ride, or only in cash?

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Are you really saying you've done 100 deliveries and yielded a grand total of £2 in tips?

Yes, via the app, I think the app says, unhelpfully for the riders, 'uber does not expect tips'. One person that I met who tipped said she used to work for deliveroo so may have had some empathy.

It maybe a situation of, I have food now, why open an app to tip when you are ready to eat

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, via the app, I think the app says, unhelpully for the riders 'uber does not expect tips'. One person that I know who tipped said she used to work for deliveroo so may have had some empathy.

It maybe a situation of, I have food now, why open an app to tip when you are ready to eat
Can't they just tip you a couple of quid in cash when you turn up? I still tip the bloke when I've ordered on Just Eat. It's just standard politeness innit?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can't they just tip you a couple of quid in cash when you turn up? I still tip the bloke when I've ordered on Just Eat. It's just standard politeness innit?

Not any more. I delivered Pizza for a while and would get approx 1 tip in 5 deliveries. I was certain that I would get a tip from a couple that ordered at 10:45pm on Xmas Eve but sadly I was wrong.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One of my friends does Uber Eats on his bike here. He posts all his journeys on Strava, it's definitely a good way to get a workout!

I have to say Uber Eats (and Foodora etc.) cyclists are the worst in Toronto. The number of times I go to cross and street and nearly get wiped out by one of them ploughing through without bothering to stop, or hopping up on to a busy pavement. Most of them don't seem to own lights either. I think Uber should take responsibility for their riders having adequate safety gear, but of course that would probably eat into their profits.

I'm sure you're a safe, sensible rider [MENTION=35340]astralavi[/MENTION] , this is just based on my observations here.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not any more. I delivered Pizza for a while and would get approx 1 tip in 5 deliveries. I was certain that I would get a tip from a couple that ordered at 10:45pm on Xmas Eve but sadly I was wrong.
So many wankers nowadays.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
One of my friends does Uber Eats on his bike here. He posts all his journeys on Strava, it's definitely a good way to get a workout!

I have to say Uber Eats (and Foodora etc.) cyclists are the worst in Toronto. The number of times I go to cross and street and nearly get wiped out by one of them ploughing through without bothering to stop, or hopping up on to a busy pavement. Most of them don't seem to own lights either. I think Uber should take responsibility for their riders having adequate safety gear, but of course that would probably eat into their profits.

I'm sure you're a safe, sensible rider [MENTION=35340]astralavi[/MENTION] , this is just based on my observations here.
Suggesting Uber take responsibility for something is like suggesting hell should really cool down a bit.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Internet ordering has ruined tipping I would imagine. I delivered for Dominos when it was all cash based and did well with tips. The old taking ages to give change trick used to work well

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really surprised at this too. We always give a tip to the takeaway delivery people...............even if we've prepaid by card we'll give the driver a few quid

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Really surprised at this too. We always give a tip to the takeaway delivery people...............even if we've prepaid by card we'll give the driver a few quid

yeah...often people give ratings, my ratings are good, so It is not the service.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

I always chuckle when I think of one of them falling off onto their back, then clawing and kicking at thin air like an upturned turtle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here