Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia ...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Much to the amusement of my fellow Albion loving friends I've stated that by the end of the season we'll see Locadia in a different and more positive light. I know he's not set our world on fire but a couple of goals and I think his confidence will flourish and he'll end up with between 10-15 goals this season.

Plain mad, too optimistic or fair point?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
too optimistic, Murray had plenty of game time last season as was our main striker playing to his strengths and he didn't break 15 goals.

It's very optimisitc to think that with almost a quarter of the season gone we could see Locadia develop into the sort of star striker that could grab us more than 10 goals. However with Andone due to return we may see a slightly different approach in attack which may benefit Locadia as a super sub...I'd be happy if he scores us 5 goals this season

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I haven’t written him off by any means, but to get anywhere near 10 -15 goals he’ll have to displace Murray or Gross, (not to mention Andone or anyone else we sign in January) from the line up.

That is unless he can get to double figures through sub appearances. Highly unlikely as Hughton rarely gives attacking subs more than 15 mins. Also against Locadia is that Kayal, Bissouma, Ali J or March are all now viable candidates in the “late replacement for Gross” role

The only remotely plausible scenario for Locadia getting to 10 is that Murray is badly injured and Locadia impresses quickly enough that the club choose not to recruit a forward in January. Andone doesn’t impress.

Probably not this season then

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've stated that by the end of the season we'll see Locadia in a different and more positive light.

Only if Tony changes the floodlight bulbs to a softer hue.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Also, if it were possible for us to draw Scotland in the FA cup, I’d say he might fill his boots there

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Do you think CH may be tempted to play him behind Murray at Newcastle given the Geordies poor form and our lack of goals/wins away from home?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Much to the amusement of my fellow Albion loving friends I've stated that by the end of the season we'll see Locadia in a different and more positive light. I know he's not set our world on fire but a couple of goals and I think his confidence will flourish and he'll end up with between 10-15 goals this season.

Plain mad, too optimistic or fair point?

Of the three I'll be kind and vote 'too optimistic'. That really is understating it though.

He has zero goals so far, with a quarter of the season gone, including the chance of any 'cheap' goals in the League Cup.

If I were a spread-betting firm, opening a market on Locadia, par would be maybe FOUR goals? Even then, I'd understand if nobody went for 'over'. One decent showing from Andone, and its hard to see Locadia even getting on the pitch, let alone scoring.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If Sporting Index offered the spread at 4 ... That would be a massive sell

Of the three I'll be kind and vote 'too optimistic'. That really is understating it though.

He has zero goals so far, with a quarter of the season gone, including the chance of any 'cheap' goals in the League Cup.

If I were a spread-betting firm, opening a market on Locadia, par would be maybe FOUR goals? Even then, I'd understand if nobody went for 'over'. One decent showing from Andone, and its hard to see Locadia even getting on the pitch, let alone scoring.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still believe :thumbsup:

Maybe I should think not scoring away at Man City in his one start was unforgivable and having a goal disallowed against West Ham that was incorrectly given offside was obviously all due to his laconic couldn’t give a **** I’d rather be a DJ style.

Given how no other ****er in the forward line apart from Murray and Knockhaert, once, has scored a goal this season, it is harsh in the extreme to be too disappointed with Locadia having had one start and 6 sub appearances and not scoring a hatful of goals. Writing him off is laughable imo. I think he needs a goal and a run and we’ll see a totally different player.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Definitely too optimistic, but let's not forget that he should actually have one already.
Looked off to me.. he needs something like this to go for him though.

I like him but I can't see him getting 10 plus as he won't get the game time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think he still could do ok, but not in the formation we currently play whether you call it 4.4.1.1 or 4.3.3. If CH was to play 4.4.2 with Locadia alongside Murray or Andone then who knows? He might do ok. Just don't think he is a target man replacement for Murray.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly you always get the feeling that DJ Locadia is being given game time purely to cover the club's blushes at the squandering of a pretty hefty transfer fee. Patently only gets thrown on in a no-mark Cup game or a league game the management has pre-decided we're not going to get anything out of, else he's slung on as an afterthought with ten minutes to go. At no point do you ever think that we're introducing a game-changer. Sorry, but that's the god honest truth. Administer CH with a truth serum that negates his inbuilt diplomacy and I have no doubt he'd be the first to admit it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sadly you always get the feeling that DJ Locadia is being given game time purely to cover the club's blushes at the squandering of a pretty hefty transfer fee. Patently only gets thrown on in a no-mark Cup game or a league game the management has pre-decided we're not going to get anything out of, else he's slung on as an afterthought with ten minutes to go. At no point do you ever think that we're introducing a game-changer. Sorry, but that's the god honest truth. Administer CH with a truth serum that negates his inbuilt diplomacy and I have no doubt he'd be the firstvto afdit it.

Blimey Ali J must be even worse seeing as he has had 168 mins as opposed to Locadia’s whopping 135 and hasn’t even had on offside goal. Maybe we should offload both in January working on the THPP rule of thumb.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Ali J must be even worse seeing as he hasn’t even had a start. Maybe we should offload both in January working on the THPP rule of thumb.

And Andone doesn't even warranted the DJ Locadia last ten minutes slot. And yes I know he's coming back from injury. But he's made the bench so is presumably fit enough to get off the bench and on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And Andone doesn't even warranted the DJ Locadia last ten minutes slot. And yes I know he's coming back from injury. But he's made the bench so is presumably fit enough to get off the bench and on the pitch.

This is the problem when you are blessed with so much talent up front with no supply chain, Messi would struggle in our setup so far this season. Maybe we’ll be a bit more gung ho against the “lesser teams” but probably not, let’s watch the goal difference it’s worth a point by season’s end. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here