Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Midfield options

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting article in the Argus about our midfielders which provides a balanced assessment of their qualities.

Question. If all were fit, who would be the first names you would put on your midfield teamsheet. Put them in the order you’d pick them. At the moment, I’d go …

Stephens
Kayal
Propper
Bissouma

This isn’t to play Newcastle necessarily, just the order you’d pick them to play a typical premier league game where we’re playing 4-4-1-1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Form varies, currently I’d go for Stephens and Kayal. Bissouma is likely to be brilliant for us once he adapts and Propper is class who will show far more when we are playing non top four teams and he refinds his form. We have a pretty strong midfield with options now and assuming all are fit CH will weigh up the opposition before he makes a decision imo. He could well vary the midfield dependant on who the opposition are.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think CH is moving towards 4-3-3.
By the end of the Season could see Stephens plus any 2 from 3 as our central midfield
With Izquierdo/Locadia left
Murray/Andone up top
Ali/Knockeart right

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
By the end of the Season could see Stephens plus any 2 from 3 as our central midfield
Murray/Andone up top
Ali/Knockeart right

I disagee, I think he has adapted to try and limit the loss of Gross but we cannot go too far without our best player.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whats happened to Max Sanders Was outstanding when I saw him and thought he was our big hope

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Murray/Andone up top
Ali/Knockeart right

Yeah definitely no place for Solly March, who has started every game this season. Much rather play a striker there. Sigh.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Whats happened to Max Sanders Was outstanding when I saw him and thought he was our big hope

Injured. As is Jayson Molumby. Both are at least two years from a starting place in the Premier League.

Edit: Just seen training snaps and it looks like Max is now back getting up to speed. Hopefully see him on the bench for next week's U23 game.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this what they call a 'football thread'?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On current form:

Kayal
Stephens
Davy P
Bissouma

Davy is actually IMO the best of the four though, and will win back a starting place pretty quick.

Bissouma has a ton of potential but nowhere near ready to be starting regularly ahead of any of the other three.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Injured. As is Jayson Molumby. Both are at least two years from a starting place in the Premier League.

Edit: Just seen training snaps and it looks like Max is now back getting up to speed. Hopefully see him on the bench for next week's U23 game.

Hopefully both will be sent out on loan to a Championship club in January. Both would benefit from competitive football in front of an audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here