Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Bake off fix

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just wasted an hour of my life watching Bake Off only for it to be a fix! So wimpy Rahul is bottom in all three challenges and survives. Could it be because he is the only black person and/or the only man?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was a very poor decision as he was totally off form in all three challenges

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just wasted an hour of my life watching Bake Off only for it to be a fix! So wimpy Rahul is bottom in all three challenges and survives. Could it be because he is the only black person and/or the only man?

Probably felt sorry for him, given he was clueless about Luke Skywalker and Star Wars

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is a flaw in the bake off format in that you're only a good as the current week.
Rahul has been the best and most consistent baker overall, this week he was useless.
He must've put them in a right pickle, do you keep the best one in or do you stick with people who have been scraping through every week and probably don't have a chance of winning.

I think it was the right decision overall, but they definitely had to use their imagination to find a reason to keep him.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

You would have wasted an hour of your life watching that regardless of the result .

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was gutted to lose Manon :love: However Rahul has been the most consistent baker over the series and I am pleased he stayed.

At least there is still Ruby :love:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Assuming the last comment is sarcastic, he was probably let off the hook as he has consistently been the best baker.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Rahul needs to man up a bit, he looks like he's about to burst into tears and/or shit himself every time Paul Hollywood goes near him.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Total joke of a program. Pru Leith must be on some hallucinatory drug with the outfits she wears. Raul was awful but ethnicity got him through. It really is crap now. Baking accounts for 10% and the ability to have a fine arts degree is the other 90%.

Poor poor poor pour pour sift!

TNBA

TTF

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Total joke of a program. Pru Leith must be on some hallucinatory drug with the outfits she wears. Raul was awful but ethnicity got him through. It really is crap now. Baking accounts for 10% and the ability to have a fine arts degree is the other 90%.

Poor poor poor pour pour sift!

TNBA

TTF

Raul is on Bake Off?!

Wow, they are pulling in some names.

raul-celebrates-goal.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And as others have said - even though he has the air of a creepy wimp - he has been consistently the best baker. He just could do a Danish bake.

It must have been close though.

Anyhow, I'm #TeamRuby

And Noel and Sandi are ten times better than Mel & Sue at presenting this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:shrug: The day I get THAT hung up about a show on TV is the day I'd stop watching TV. It's just a consumable to me – doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, but it's merely entertainment until something else comes along.

There is ALWAYS some kind of 'fix' outcry about these programmes – leading to petitions, boycotts, front page news and, often, some kind of follow-up 'story' on Loose Women or something – but within days it's all forgotten again and life goes on.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't do anything about Mel but watching on All4 solves the ad problem. Manon wasn't the worst baker but she completely ignored the "Danish" in "Danish week".

All true, but Rahul ignored the bake in Bake Off!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am astounded that these programmes flourish. Maybe it’s because I have no interest in watching contrived cookery programmes and am a shit cook.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And as others have said - even though he has the air of a creepy wimp - he has been consistently the best baker. He just could do a Danish bake.

It must have been close though.

Anyhow, I'm #TeamRuby

And Noel and Sandi are ten times better than Mel & Sue at presenting this.

I liked Mel & Sue, but also miss Mary Berry.
I cannot stand Paul Hollywood, who is so full of himself, so I don't watch any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here