Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion Player on International duty - Ali J

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I couldn't see a thread on it, but Alireza Jahanbakhsh has scored for Iran.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is Duffy down to play v Wales. He breaks the record for most international caps for an Albion player if he does.

Lets Hope Ali J carries that form up to St James.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is Duffy down to play v Wales. He breaks the record for most international caps for an Albion player if he does.

Lets Hope Ali J carries that form up to St James.

Ali J won't get home in time. Izzy not first choice for Colombia.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ali J won't get home in time. Izzy not first choice for Colombia.

Won't get home in time for what exactly? Granted he's missed tonights Bake Off, but he's likely to back home tomorrow as Tehran is only just over 6 hours away.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I can't help but feel poor old Ollie Norwood has been somewhat shortchanged by the club (and the Argus) with regard to this. On Monday Norwood made his 19th international appearance since joining Albion; however, there has been nary a word about HIM breaking the club record. Presumably, this is because he has spent last season and this out on loan, but he is still a contracted Albion player (at least until his permanent move next January).

To put this into perspective, imagine (an admittedly unlikely!) scenario where Christian Walton gets called up to the next England squad and plays a few minutes against the USA. Would the club, Argus and Albion fans be crowing about Albion's first full England international since Steve Foster? Of course they would - nobody would say "Oh, he's out on loan at Wigan, that cap doesn't count".

I demand the rightful recognition for Ollie Norwood!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I can't help but feel poor old Ollie Norwood has been somewhat shortchanged by the club (and the Argus) with regard to this. On Monday Norwood made his 19th international appearance since joining Albion; however, there has been nary a word about HIM breaking the club record. Presumably, this is because he has spent last season and this out on loan, but he is still a contracted Albion player (at least until his permanent move next January).

To put this into perspective, imagine (an admittedly unlikely!) scenario where Christian Walton gets called up to the next England squad and plays a few minutes against the USA. Would the club, Argus and Albion fans be crowing about Albion's first full England international since Steve Foster? Of course they would - nobody would say "Oh, he's out on loan at Wigan, that cap doesn't count".

I demand the rightful recognition for Ollie Norwood!

Who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here