Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now finished the series, just brilliant

The last 40 seconds of game 6 in Utah is so good. Phil not calling a time out.

In fact the series was so good I'm going to watch again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now finished the series, just brilliant

The last 40 seconds of game 6 in Utah is so good. Phil not calling a time out.

In fact the series was so good I'm going to watch again.

Just watched 9 and will see 10 tomorrow.

Right from the outset through to now I'm just amazed how funny the series has been.
I've had more laughs watching this than about 90% of all comedy programmes ever made, it's been a riot.
(Blonde mom from Indiana - we salute you)

By now, me and jnr are so in step with the editing we are knowingly laughing before the talking head says what we already know or MJ does a take away from the tablet.

Another mention for Bill Simmons.
He leads this pod (03:00) reading an extract from his Book of Basketball, explaining exactly why Jordan is the GOAT.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...e-life-j-a-adande-nick-kroll-jason-concepcion

I think you'll enjoy it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blonde mom from Indiana

[tweet]1262189367050862593[/tweet]

:lol: :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Done dusted and thoroughly enjoyable.

I pity any sports fan who won't watch that because they don't like basketball.
The series has nothing to do with basketball and everything to do what it takes to be at the top of sport.

Hopefully someone, somewhere is making the 'other' version using all the people MJ vetoed.
I'm sure that story would be equally jaw dropping.

I loved how the closed out game 6, that sequence was superbly put together (in lockdown conditions)

I was baffled by just how many Jazz fans stayed.
Had I been there, I wouldn't even have been in Salt Lake by the time of the trophy presentation.
I'd have singlehandedly made The East Stand Exodus look like a cake walk.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Junior Bobkin and I have one more episode to watch tonight and I'll be gutted when it's over. It's an amazing series that goes WAY beyond just basketball. The insight into the backgrounds of the individual players was great and the man himself was not only immensely talented, but had the ability and drive to win from any situation –*even if it looked like a lost cause (the 'pizzagate' fallout, for example).

The input from the opposition players is priceless, too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Baseball during 1918 Spanish flu pandemic

baseball.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The NBA are in talks with Disney to finish the season at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex which sits on Disney World property. Games could resume in July.

An ideal location for a sport looking to wrap things up in one place, with all the accommodation and facilities required.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm halfway through. I still hate basketball.

But this is BRILLIANT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm halfway through. I still hate basketball.

But this is BRILLIANT.

If only someone told you to watch when it started back on the 16th of April.

Wait a cotton picking minute, what's this?

I'll hazard a guess even Easy might find something to enjoy in this

I wrongly assumed you were in the same boat as Swansman, refusing to watch cos basketball is shite.
As I said to that lunatic, this isn't about basketball.
I'm pleased and not surprised your not as narrow minded.

I'd imagine the parallel universe show featuring Jordans 'victims', ex's, children etc would be equally rivetting!

Oh and finally a lot of the 'inside basketball' stuff has already been covered in other 30 for 30's.

So, for example, if you want to know more about the 'bad boy' Pistons, there's an hour dedicated to them, which again has very little to do with basketball and is another fascinating doc.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If only someone told you to watch when it started back on the 16th of April.

Wait a cotton picking minute, what's this?

I wrongly assumed you were in the same boat as Swansman, refusing to watch cos basketball is shite.
As I said to that lunatic, this isn't about basketball.
I'm pleased and not surprised your not as narrow minded.

I'd imagine the parallel universe show featuring Jordans 'victims', ex's, children etc would be equally rivetting!

Oh and finally a lot of the 'inside basketball' stuff has already been covered in other 30 for 30's.

So, for example, if you want to know more about the 'bad boy' Pistons, there's an hour dedicated to them, which again has very little to do with basketball and is another fascinating doc.

In fairness I wasn't holding out as such - its just I only just started getting Netflix this week. I'm a massive fan of sport docs in general though, and this one is a corker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness I wasn't holding out as such - its just I only just started getting Netflix this week. I'm a massive fan of sport docs in general though, and this one is a corker.

Yeah it's great isn't it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's back, and the NBA showing the PL how it should have been done.

No cardboard cut-out fans for the NBA, but upmarket computer images with fans waving and jumping around.

But THE big difference, the NBA rule on coaches having to wear suits has been relaxed and they are wearing T-Shirts.

3 live games tonight 7.30 11.30 and 2.00

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Play-offs getting serious.

Reigning Champions Toronto Raptors are still alive following a double OT win over the Celtis to tie their semi final series at 3-3. The deciding game is Saturday 2am.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Should never have gone to OT.

Raptors got kissed on the dick by the refs when Walker should have gone to the line for a clear foul in the dying seconds of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here