Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hell of a game - Warriors take it 106 - 105, and it will go to a 6th game. Warriors in the lead for most of the game until the last 4 minutes when Toronto took the lead again only to finally lose against Golden State. Kevin Durant injured again in the second quarter and had to be taken off with calf injury - sad to see the Raptor fans cheering this when it happened.

I'll clarify this by saying I know nothing about basketball or any other American Sport for that matter which will probably become apparent by my next question......

We had the game on in the office and the consequent press conferences. Whats the deal with this Durant bloke? Why was the press guy in tears talking about his injury? You'd think he was dead by the way he was carrying on.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
This time Nurse lost the game for Toronto with the timeout he took while Raps were on a 16-5 run. Totally unnecessary.
Raptors must now take it in game 6 (no Durant and maybe no Looney) as blowing the 3-1 lead and letting the Warriors change the momentum of the series would be tough to handle if they lost game 6. So I think that Raps in 6 is more realistic than Raps in 7 (although they will be playing up north if the 7th game is needed).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Raptors blew a big opportunity last night - up by 6 with 3 to play and then messed up several offensive possessions.

15.7s on the last shot to win the game, and took a 3 from the corner when they only needed a 2 to win. Surprised they didn't go with Leonard to drive the key and put up a mid range jumper.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
So Toronto are the 2019 NBA Champs winning the 6th game 114-110, and are worthy winners. Impressive that they won all 3 road games. Well done

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So Toronto are the 2019 NBA Champs winning the 6th game 114-110, and are worthy winners. Impressive that they won all 3 road games. Well done

They played at the Warriors 4 times in regular and post-season and won all four. Not even the biggest Raptor fan would have predicted that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The Albion need to find out their secret :lol:

Well done to Toronto. Basketball is the US sport I follow the closest and I always like it when the underdog wins. Also great that this thread has turned from a moan about the NBA to an appreciation of the finals and eventual winners :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wanted the Raptors to win but thought that they would fall short due to the Warriors. No doubt helped to a degree by the injuries that the Warriors suffered during their play off run, but still needed to win the games and always difficult when the prize is within touching distance.

Now for the draft

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I kind of lost interest in the NBA this season, crazy to hear the Raptors won the championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also great that this thread has turned from a moan about the NBA to an appreciation of the finals
Has it? It's heated up to 1 post per day over the last month - can NSC handle the bandwidth?

The moaners are still here, but we understand some of you like it so we're letting you enjoy it in peace. We can take the piss if you prefer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has it? It's heated up to 1 post per day over the last month - can NSC handle the bandwidth?

The moaners are still here, but we understand some of you like it so we're letting you enjoy it in peace. We can take the piss if you prefer.

I didn't mention anything about the volume of posts – no need for the sarcasm. What I meant was that most of the comments during the finals and since the Raptors won last night were positive about basketball. But hey, you take the piss to balance it out if it makes you feel better...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here