Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A national team to be PROUD of...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Firstly, for what it’s worth, I was going to do this thread watching the game at 0-0, so the result is just a cherry on top..

Don’t get me wrong, we’re not quite up there with the worlds best yet but as a work in progress we are so exciting. Quick passing, hard working pressing and some unreal passing. One of the best counter attacking performances I’ve seen first half - like Liverpool at their best.

To go away to one of the worlds best teams & win (first defeat in 30 something at home - since 2003?) in a competitive match and do that is highly commendable. There were even posters on here criticising our World Cup performances recently (not sure what they expected?) but after a fantastic World Cup & tonight’s performance & result the future is so exciting for us.

All this and a BHA player now in the fold.

Club & Country always :thumbsup:

Ps - England fans fantastic all night too - follow England awaaaaaay!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Got caught up in the clamour of the World Cup, now firmly back to not really caring :shrug:

You should support Man Utd with that plastic support then :lol: So many bandwagon jumpers who think it’s fine to do it at international level but not club!

But pls, don’t derail my thread with negativity - it’s weird people open threads to say how much they ‘don’t care’!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb time to be an England fan - we deserve this.

Young likeable side playing great football with a young likeable manager. Doesn’t really get much better than that.

D

Deleted member 2719

England have some hungry lads that want the shirt and that's something I have not seen for years.

It's now worth believing in our English team and Dunk to captain one day!!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You should support Man Utd with that plastic support then :lol: So many bandwagon jumpers who think it’s fine to do it at international level but not club!

Oh give your head a wobble and f*ck off you absolute clown.

I don’t care about England’s national team, because I’m not patriotic and feel no real connection to them but when the whole country got behind them it was infectious. I didn’t even watch every game but I had an interest.

If the offends you so deeply then write down all your hurt feelings on a scrap of paper, roll that bit of paper up and pop it up your arse because nobody cares.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh give your head a wobble and f*ck off you absolute clown.

I don’t care about England’s national team, because I’m not patriotic and feel no real connection to them but when the whole country got behind them it was infectious. I didn’t even watch every game but I had an interest.

If the offends you so deeply then write down all your hurt feelings on a scrap of paper, roll that bit of paper up and pop it up your arse because nobody cares.

Oooooh someone’s tired :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone want to see my sink and vanity unit? :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't believe it's a particularly good team. The age of the English winger has died, this is an uncreative team with a world class striker we can't get into the games. He picked up a couple of assists tonight but he hasn't threatened a goal for a while. Harry Winks starting shows how few options there are in central midfield, certainly the glory days of our midfield are passed. A fantastic result tonight though, which is all the game is about. Raheem Sterling has made a rare impact on an England game and the only downside was no appearance for Lewis Dunk.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just find your constant patronising attitude on here tedious.

Maybe go have a drink and throw a tantrum on here and offer somebody out for a fight lad, it’s what you’re good at.

Patronising? Maybe get a dictionary poppet. And I would reel off any silly posts you’ve made if I could so much as remember who you are or what you’ve ever contributed to nsc. Ah 2014 join date - I guess that makes sense with your attitude to jumping bandwagons. Sweet dreams, not wasting anymore time on your childish name calling - feel free to apologise tomorrow little man. :wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't believe it's a particularly good team. The age of the English winger has died, this is an uncreative team with a world class striker we can't get into the games. He picked up a couple of assists tonight but he hasn't threatened a goal for a while. Harry Winks starting shows how few options there are in central midfield, certainly the glory days of our midfield are passed. A fantastic result tonight though, which is all the game is about. Raheem Sterling has made a rare impact on an England game and the only downside was no appearance for Lewis Dunk.

Tbf we had a lot of injuries and suspensions tonight. I thought Barkley was fantastic & Winks did well. Couldn’t agree less with the uncreative bit - this is the most creative team we’ve had in years - it’s defensivly we’re a bit weak for me.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn’t mind a look if that’s ok... :lol:

Here you go. It will be in a very dark wood effect though, to go against dark Brown marble effect tiles. Tomorrow it’s taps.

Attachments

• 0FFC4DEC-DBA2-4B87-8933-A919DB96C575.png
    0FFC4DEC-DBA2-4B87-8933-A919DB96C575.png
    516 KB · Views: 482

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Here you go. It will be in a very dark wood effect though, to go against dark Brown marble effect tiles. Tomorrow it’s taps.

Is buying from a company called ‘megabad’ a good idea though Ht?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got caught up in the clamour of the World Cup, now firmly back to not really caring :shrug:

I felt a bit like that before this match. Not an anti England thing, but a bit tired of all these protracted FIFA/UEFA international breaks.

But the way England stopped an arrogant Spain in their tracks after 20 minutes, with brilliant, confident counter attacking was a sight to behold. Winks, Rashford, Kane and Sterling were immense.

Yeah, we're not going to win a EC/WC any time soon, but we can now play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I felt a bit like that before this match. Not an anti England thing, but a bit tired of all these protracted FIFA/UEFA international breaks.

But the way England stopped an arrogant Spain in their tracks after 20 minutes, with brilliant, confident counter attacking was a sight to behold. Winks, Rashford, Kane and Sterling were immense.

Yeah, we're not going to win a EC/WC any time soon, but we can now play.

Exactly - but the difference is these negative posters haven’t bothered to watch the game but feel they should comment on it!

Then resort to vile name calling for someone asking them to take their negativity elsewhere :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This was a huge result for England tonight and to do it without Stones, Henserson, Alli too.

Moving on from the World Cup it looks like Chilwell, Gomez, Barkley, Sancho and Winks all have something to bring to the squad, and it's good to see the back of some deadwood like Smalling, Jones, Wilshere, Lallana and Delph.

Southgate needed this result to help justify his new long-term contract as to go winless in 5 would have been a worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here