Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Passport Renewal

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Hopefully NSC can help me here...

I've got a Fast Track passport renewal appointment tomorrow at Victoria that the wife arranged. Only now she decided to tell me that I need to get a paper form from the Post Office and that will tell me what additional documentation I need to provide.

It's too late to get a form tonight obviously and tomorrow I'm going to have to pick one up on the way to the Passport Office so worried that I will find out en route that I'm missing some documentation. I've tried looking online but can't make heads or tails of it!

Apart from my old passport and a couple of new passport photos will I need to bring any other documentation? I'm born here and a full UK citizen.

I'm sure someone on NSC has done this recently and can help me out!

Cheers!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You’re supposed to turn up with the application completed and all your relevant docs.....not sure if they’ll allow you to fill in a form when you get there. I did it last year and if you have all the stuff the service is excellent - new passport available within 4 hours.

I guess you’ll have to turn up and see what happens. They might allow you to complete a form when you get there. What time is your appointment? You could get to a post office and get a form before........

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/paper-premium-service

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Cheers, everyone. I was planning on swinging past a Post Office and filling in the form before I get there. From looking at those links it doesn't seem like I'd need anything other than my current passport and two photographs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would advise googling to see if the circumstances of your passport renewal require you to get the form and photos countersigned by an eligible person.

Would further suggest you reschedule your appointment until you get your documentation and your act together to save yourself a possible wasted journey.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8633039]Cheers, everyone. I was planning on swinging past a Post Office and filling in the form before I get there. From looking at those links it doesn't seem like I'd need anything other than my current passport and two photographs.

Think that’s correct......

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Would advise googling to see if the circumstances of your passport renewal require you to get the form and photos countersigned by an eligible person.

Would further suggest you reschedule your appointment until you get your documentation and your act together to save you a possible wasted journey.

I'm going to have to go for it and hope for the best I think. They don't make it easy to understand: https://assets.publishing.service.g...O_Applying_for_your_Passport_Guidance_v24.pdf

From what I can gather I shouldn't need my photos undersigned, it's really not very clear though!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If it's a straightforward renewal, you shouldn't need additional documentation. Couple of mugshots, the completed application form plus old passport. For a straightforward renewal, much of the form is irrelevant anyway. Make sure it's in black pen too.There is no requirement for the mugshots to be countersigned in a normal situation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Probably too late to say this, but the online passport renewal is very quick. I filled in the online form last Monday, got my son to take my photo, downloaded it, to the online form. Posted my old passport as instructed. Passport office received it on Tuesday, dispatched new passport, later that day, received new passport by courier on Wednesday! It took 48 hours, unbelievably good service.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably too late to say this, but the online passport renewal is very quick. I filled in the online form last Monday, got my son to take my photo, downloaded it, to the online form. Posted my old passport as instructed. Passport office received it on Tuesday, dispatched new passport, later that day, received new passport by courier on Wednesday! It took 48 hours, unbelievably good service.

Agreed....my son did this a couple of weeks ago, got he replacement within 3 days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it's a straightforward renewal, you shouldn't need additional documentation. Couple of mugshots, the completed application form plus old passport. For a straightforward renewal, much of the form is irrelevant anyway. Make sure it's in black pen too.

With the crucial addendum that when you've ploughed through the form, make sure you sign the form fully inside the box provided. I made the mistake once of celebrating completing the form by signing it with a flourish - only to then have to do the whole thing all over again because my signature went over the edge of the box. Doh! If possible get a spare copy of the form in case you accidentally screw up the first one. Good luck!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I got mine at Victoria last year- you do need a counter party signed photo ( just one - don’t mistake of doing both) and the form needs to be signed by a professional (chartered engineer/ accountant/ gp etc) so you’ll need someone at the post office when you pick up form if your getting the train straight up. It’s straight forward when you get there - except they won’t let you inside until it’s your turn and then you come back 4hrs later to pick it up

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I got mine at Victoria last year- you do need a counter party signed photo ( just one - don’t mistake of doing both) and the form needs to be signed by a professional (chartered engineer/ accountant/ gp etc) so you’ll need someone at the post office when you pick up form if your getting the train straight up. It’s straight forward when you get there - except they won’t let you inside until it’s your turn and then you come back 4hrs later to pick it up

Not for a simple renewal you don’t......

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It probably doesnt help you right now but I got mine done recently and I didnt need to have passports countersigned or any other documentation. The process was actually quite fantastic, I got a photo taken in a photo booth in a shopping centre. Now they are hooked up, or some are to send the photo immediately to the passport office and give you a couple of prints for good measure, Log on to gov.co.uk, fill out form, type in reference number, it brings your photo up, post off old passport. 2 weeks later new one had arrived. No paperwork, no signatures. Texts all the way where the process was at. Old passport back 2 days after new one arriving. Well impressed with that

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Just to finish this thread and for anyone else's info no counter signature was required as this was just a basic renewal, not a replacement for a lost/damaged/stolen passport. All I needed was the filled out form from the Post Office, 2 passport photos and my current passport which was due to expire soon. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8635114 said:
Just to finish this thread and for anyone else's info no counter signature was required as this was just a basic renewal, not a replacement for a lost/damaged/stolen passport. All I needed was the filled out form from the Post Office, 2 passport photos and my current passport which was due to expire soon. Thanks for the advice everyone!

If they can recognise you from your current passport photo no. If your looks have changed you need the counter signature to confirm it’s you.....so I was told earlier this year. If you’ve grown a huge hipster beard play safe and get a counter signature.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, that cafe over the road is funny....it’s the unofficial passport waiting room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here