Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] **Royal Wedding Official Thread**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of the biggest occasons of the year, am amazed there is not already a thread on this.

The wedding of the beautiful HRH Princess Eugenie to Jack Brooksbank who famously met and fell in love in a ski lodge in Switzerland, showing the Royal Family are a lot more similar to you or I than we could ever have imagined.

Many thousands upon thousands lining the streets of Windsor, many having camped overnight to wish the couple well and secure the best vantage points on what is sure to be a momentous day. This being on a workday when the majority will have taken paid holiday to wish the couple well shows how much the Royal Family mean to our nation and the feel good factor they bring to us all on days like today.

Live coverage on This Morning for those of you who can get to a TV presented by Eamonn Holmes and his wife with Rylan Clark providing a LGBT perspective on the days events.

:clap:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
alan-partridge-gif-8.gif

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Its a fairytale and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to stop those tears from tumbling as these two immaculate lovebirds finally tie the knot.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nothing wrong with those two that a quick burst from a Kalishnikov would'nt put right!!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
To stand up and be proud of our monarchy is to stand up and revel in unfairness. It is to celebrate the fact that in Britain, because you are related to a certain person and part of a certain lineage, you deserve a better life at the expense of others. It's an archaic system that exemplifies Britain's historic issues with wealth, class and privilege, and every time we celebrate them we buy into this myth that the royals are an untouchable truth of British culture. We need to call this out for what it is and what it has always been: an elitist institution exploiting the political system and abusing public funds, all premised on some notion of tradition and heritage. It’s absurd

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would like to say i really couldn't give a fudge.
it really doesn't matter to anyone beyond the couple and their immediate family and friends.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One of the biggest occasons of the year, am amazed there is not already a thread on this.

The wedding of the beautiful HRH Princess Eugenie to Jack Brooksbank who famously met and fell in love in a ski lodge in Switzerland, showing the Royal Family are a lot more similar to you or I than we could ever have imagined.

Many thousands upon thousands lining the streets of Windsor, many having camped overnight to wish the couple well and secure the best vantage points on what is sure to be a momentous day. This being on a workday when the majority will have taken paid holiday to wish the couple well shows how much the Royal Family mean to our nation and the feel good factor they bring to us all on days like today.

Live coverage on This Morning for those of you who can get to a TV presented by Eamonn Holmes and his wife with Rylan Clark providing a LGBT perspective on the days events.

:clap:

Absolutely magnificent post. One of your best. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Is this happening today?
In which case I suddenly see an upside to this awful weather!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me, the edge has been taken off the occasion with the absence of Camilla. Such an endearing, graceful presence, and always such a focal point for an adoring public. I understand she is visiting a girls school somewhere in scotchland. Such unwavering dedication to her ever-demanding role can only be admired of course, but she will be sorely missed from the extraordinary scenes playing out in our capital today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unacceptable as it may be to some, big royal weddings actually do give the nation a lift. This one, however, is too far down the royal food chain to matter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me, the edge has been taken off the occasion with the absence of Camilla. Such an endearing, graceful presence, and always such a focal point for an adoring public. I understand she is visiting a girls school somewhere in scotchland. Such unwavering dedication to her ever-demanding role can only be admired of course, but she will be sorely missed from the extraordinary scenes playing out in our capital today.

Crodo has liked this, and it is indeed a reasonably good effort. But as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to comedy banal Royal sycophancy, his posts are genuinely laugh out loud hilarious and there is simply nobody in his class.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To stand up and be proud of our monarchy is to stand up and revel in unfairness. It is to celebrate the fact that in Britain, because you are related to a certain person and part of a certain lineage, you deserve a better life at the expense of others. It's an archaic system that exemplifies Britain's historic issues with wealth, class and privilege, and every time we celebrate them we buy into this myth that the royals are an untouchable truth of British culture. We need to call this out for what it is and what it has always been: an elitist institution exploiting the political system and abusing public funds, all premised on some notion of tradition and heritage. It’s absurd

In the abstract I will agree with you, the idea of inherited power is indeed wrong and absurd and elitist; and if and when it applies to prime ministers or police inspectors or other people with proper power we will all be there on the barricades. But for this lot, the core of our royal family, I will give them a pass. They are born into privilege, sure, and some of them abuse it. But they are also born into service, their life is mapped for them from birth, and the service they provide to this country is to be admired in many cases. That is why they are still favoured by the majority of people in Britain.

Prince Charles has oft been called the world's greatest philanthropist, with much justification, and what he has done for this world by using, rather than abusing, his privilege, is indeed great. There is a very good article on him in Time Magazine from 2013 called The Forgotten Prince, and while I can't imagine you personally rushing to get a copy, it is a very interesting read.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Crodo has liked this, and it is indeed a reasonably good effort. But as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to comedy banal Royal sycophancy, his posts are genuinely laugh out loud hilarious and there is simply nobody in his class.

Crodo is indeed a wordsmith, I was just entering into the spirit. Its so hard not to get caught up in these occasions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here