Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stumpy Tim

So December & January fixtures for television announced today. Which of the following do you think will be televised:

Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace
Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion v Chelsea
AFC Bournemouth v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton
West Ham United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool
Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m going to organise a poll on how many words Barber’s annual press release mansplaining the benefits to us for shifting games to shitty times is.

O - 10,0000
O - 20,0000
O - 30,0000
O - 40,0000
O - >40,000

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Guess it depends what other fixtures are on the same dates. Think away to Smug Eddies lot could be one so Sky can whip up another imaginary South Coast Derby frenzy

el punal

I’m going to organise a poll on how many words Barber’s annual press release mansplaining the benefits to us for shifting games to shitty times is.

O - 10,0000
O - 20,0000
O - 30,0000
O - 40,0000
O - >40,000

Why are you picking on Paul Barber? It’s not exactly something he or the club can do anything about when it comes to rearranged fixtures for TV. Still, any excuse for a sly dig, eh?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

O - 10,0000
O - 20,0000
O - 30,0000
O - 40,0000
O - >40,000

The bloke is paid to maximise the business efficiency of the club. We eat at the rich mans table we have to chose from his menu.

What is your issue?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why are you picking on Paul Barber? It’s not exactly something he or the club can do anything about when it comes to rearranged fixtures for TV. Still, any excuse for a sly dig, eh?

The bloke is paid to maximise the business efficiency of the club. We eat at the rich mans table we have to chose from his menu.

What is your issue?

Shall I put you both down for 10,000 words?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace - Return of the world's most baffling derby!

Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal - Can Brighton rock the Gunners again!?

West Ham United v Brighton & Hove Albion - Will West Ham ever hammer the Seagulls?!

Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion - Can Brighton exorcise the Devils and add Mourinho to their long list of managerial scalps!?

Those four with shitty tagline for the adverts thrown in for free.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please please please let the Arsenal fixture not be moved. Boxing Day football should be sacrosanct.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The TV companies tend to front-load their obligations to televise the "less significant" clubs so that they appear at the beginning of the season. These fixtures are approaching the middle of the season, so frankly I doubt we'll feature in more than one of them.

Bournemouth are playing well and it doesn't feel as if they have appeared many times, so with the chance of manufacturing a red-hot south coast derby (with just the 102 miles separating the clubs that will conveniently be glossed over), that is the only one I see being televised, although the same might apply to Fulham away.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Bournemouth vs Brighton is a game which is almost always on TV. Even at Withdean we played them on the TV. I would say it's a guaranteed fixture, which will excite almost nobody outside of those two clubs.

I hope the Huddersfield (R) fixtures aren't televised, having to see us play them once this season is enough without having to sit through the away game as well.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Been told that the Arsenal game is 99.9% to be on telly.
No chance. It is ITV who cut to the commercials at the vital time and they don't have the rights. Whoever shows it will show 100%.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Didn't we have the best home record of non top 6 sides against the top 6 sides last season. We have become a bit of a tricky ground to go to and there must be plenty of fixtures that Sky will opt for at the Amex. Also consider some of the other non 6 sides who have a poor home record and we could feature in plenty of Live games moved by Sky and BT

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here