Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] First Man Movie

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The filmmakers chose not to depict the actual moment when Armstrong planted the American flag but did show scenes of Aldrin and Armstrong with it!

Seems this has caused some controversy over this much awaited epic, which by the way should be up there in awards season early next year! Frump tweeted

“It's unfortunate. It's almost like they're embarrassed at the achievement coming from America, I think it's a terrible thing. When you think of Neil Armstrong and when you think of the landing on the moon, you think about the American flag. For that reason, I wouldn't even want to watch the movie."

For that reason alone I intend to go and see it!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think of two things, "The eagle has landed" and "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". The latter is one of the most famous phrases ever said and speaks for all mankind, not just the followers of one flag.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think of two things, "The eagle has landed" and "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". The latter is one of the most famous phrases ever said and speaks for all mankind, not just the followers of one flag.

Yep.

When I think of the moon landing it's the "one small step" quote that springs to mind and then the images of them bouncing around on the surface. The flag is probably somewhere in the Top 20.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No don't Trump believes the quote on stepping on the moon was 'One small step for me but one giant leap for America'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here