Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Song you once liked.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Imagine.

The young idealist in me bought into the overly simplistic sentiment. I then recognised the hypocrisy of the man singing it wearing a fur coat and sitting at a grand piano in a mansion bought with his personal wealth which was similar to the GDP of a developing country.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Two Little Boys

...don't hear it on the radio much these days.

Ruined for me years before Harris's conviction when Thatcher picked it on Desert Island Discs. Gutted that my Christmas playlist had to lose 'Six White Boomers' though. It was already suffering the loss of 'Another Rock 'n' Roll Christmas'.

Seems strange that I felt okay about keeping Phil Spector's Christmas Album.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is getting tedious. Did I miss the memo that NSC is Now Songs Chat? :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I quite liked this at the time and bought the 12" version to add to my large record collection.

I've probably hardly ever played it and cringe at the sight of it when skimming through my records.

Overall, I've gone the other way and love more types of music now than when a narrow-minded teen/twenties person.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
International break innit.

In which case, I nominate Candle in the Wind. Liked the original, Diana remix then understandably got played to death. No song could ever survive such exposure. Became sick of it.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Imagine.

The young idealist in me bought into the overly simplistic sentiment. I then recognised the hypocrisy of the man singing it wearing a fur coat and sitting at a grand piano in a mansion bought with his personal wealth which was similar to the GDP of a developing country.

Interesting article in the "Daily Mail" recently about Lennon's life with Yoko Ono, he really was a self-obsessed bloke. What are his kids doing these days?

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here