Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One for the stats boys

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Who cares?

We're 12th for goals scored - if other teams are out-shooting us every game, idc, as long as we're out-scoring them, which currently, looks likely...

We're clinical, other teams aren't.

EDIT:

Just to add, that means we've scored 39.1% of our shots on target, and 13.6% of our total shots...

That's a better goals to shots on target ratio and a better goals to total shots ratio than Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Because it points to either very clinical (well above average) strikers, or a lucky streak. If it’s the latter, then over a season it tends to even out. I really hope Glenn has another 15+ goal season :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Misleading considering we played all of last seasons top 4 already.

Table is all what matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I have analysed this table many ways,exported to Excel, done a pivot table, and come to two startling conclusions:

1) Cardiff and Huddersfield are crap;

2) Man City and Liverpool are good.

Really enlightening stuff.

Goodnight.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And didn't the Liverpool v Manchester City game on Sunday produce a season low for the total number of shots in a game, which proves that stats are meaningless and its goals and points that count.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And didn't the Liverpool v Manchester City game on Sunday produce a season low for the total number of shots in a game, which proves that stats are meaningless and its goals and points that count.
I so wish I'd had a bet on that game. As they were ramping it up (as they had been all week) pre game, I said to the sprog "You just know this is going to be nil nil after all this don't you?".

He got bored of watching it and went to play outside and with about half an hour to go came back and said "Ha ha Dad you called it. Is it a good game though now?".

"No." I said.

Irrelevant but yes, stats can lie massively.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I so wish I'd had a bet on that game. As they were ramping it up (as they had been all week) pre game, I said to the sprog "You just know this is going to be nil nil after all this don't you?".

He got bored of watching it and went to play outside and with about half an hour to go came back and said "Ha ha Dad you called it. Is it a good game though now?".

"No." I said.

Irrelevant but yes, stats can lie massively.

Mahrez is a GOON.

I had a modest wager on three away wins Sunday.

Arsenal at Fulham and Chelsea at Saints were safely bagged, and he smashes his 88th minute penalty into orbit.

Cheers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here