Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Train Tickets

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Apologies if this is old news for those predominantly living in the London commuter belt and for those that travel to away games week in week out but I have had enough of the bullshit train prices in this country. Have got a ticket for Brighton vs Leicester in November and will be travelling down with a Leicester supporting mate who has a ticket for the away end. Ticket bought, hotel booked, wife informed. Happy days.

Having previously stayed with family still living in the area (parents have since retired and moved north for some reason!) I have always driven down, parked at their house in Hassocks (where I grew up) and got the train to the match. Now that's not an option and I will be staying in the city I wondered about the train as whilst at uni in Leicester 10 or so years ago I could get an advanced return for roughly £30. Just checked and unless I'm being simple the cheapest ticket between Leicester and Haywards Heath (edge of the travel zone) is £78 ****ing pounds. What an earth can justify these crazy ****ing prices on a Saturday morning is beyond me. Our mass public transport system is ****ed. Not meaning to turn this political as this is only really a late night rant but surely privatisation of our railways cannot even begin to be argued as a success when the service is shit, the trains overcrowded and the tickets extortionate.

Apologies again but needed to get this off my chest and the Mrs is snoring so I turned to NSC for even less sympathy than her indoors would likely give me.

Night all and see you in November at the Amex! :amex: :albion2:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
2 Singles, one each way, work out at about £60, sometimes its cheaper to get them all the way into Brighton rather than Haywards Heath due to the unique way that the prices are worked out.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Agree it can be cheaper to buy as two singles or even split the journey up, Leicester to london and then victoria to HH.....i usually start on the trainline app to work out the route and go from there. Sometimes if you look at slightly earlier trains, they may be cheaper too!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apologies if this is old news for those predominantly living in the London commuter belt and for those that travel to away games week in week out but I have had enough of the bullshit train prices in this country. Have got a ticket for Brighton vs Leicester in November and will be travelling down with a Leicester supporting mate who has a ticket for the away end. Ticket bought, hotel booked, wife informed. Happy days.

Having previously stayed with family still living in the area (parents have since retired and moved north for some reason!) I have always driven down, parked at their house in Hassocks (where I grew up) and got the train to the match. Now that's not an option and I will be staying in the city I wondered about the train as whilst at uni in Leicester 10 or so years ago I could get an advanced return for roughly £30. Just checked and unless I'm being simple the cheapest ticket between Leicester and Haywards Heath (edge of the travel zone) is £78 ****ing pounds. What an earth can justify these crazy ****ing prices on a Saturday morning is beyond me. Our mass public transport system is ****ed. Not meaning to turn this political as this is only really a late night rant but surely privatisation of our railways cannot even begin to be argued as a success when the service is shit, the trains overcrowded and the tickets extortionate.

Apologies again but needed to get this off my chest and the Mrs is snoring so I turned to NSC for even less sympathy than her indoors would likely give me.

Night all and see you in November at the Amex! :amex: :albion2:

Yup, the system is ****ed. Two train journeys I took last year in NSW from Sydney to Gosford and Sydney to Wollongong, both around 90 minute journeys, the cost, not even £10 each way, and that’s a fixed price, all the time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup, the system is ****ed. Two train journeys I took last year in NSW from Sydney to Gosford and Sydney to Wollongong, both around 90 minute journeys, the cost, not even £10 each way, and that’s a fixed price, all the time.

Yep, the way it used to be here until privatisation, travel on any train any day for the same price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here