Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves fans

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I thought Newcastle were precious about Lascelles not being called up to the England squad however the Wolves fans reactions on twitter to Conor Coady not being called up is gold!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You would have thought that after all those years in the wilderness the fans of a club like Wolves would just be grateful, humble and enjoy their first season back, but from what I can tell by watching and listening to their fans when they are on the TV and looking at social media, they are really playing the billy big bollox already.
Yes they seem to have a good side and manager but the few times I have been to Wolverhampton following The Albion away, well let's just say it was never my favourite away fixture.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Pride comes before a fall. They've been excellent so far but it's "early doors". #BigRon

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Last season it was full of Brighton fans moaning that Dunk wasn’t picked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Think all the money has gone to their heads. Like them as a club, respect their manager Nuno, they play some nice football, but boy do they have more than their fair share of idiot fans.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Think all the money has gone to their heads. Like them as a club, respect their manager Nuno, they play some nice football, but boy do they have more than their fair share of idiot fans.

Yes they do.
But I wonder how Brighton fans would have reacted when we came up if we had a squad that looked more than capable of not only staying in the PL but doing well in it too.
It will be interesting to see what happens if they go on a poor run, which they will at some time.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
With Coady it's more than just this England squad, Southgate obviously has something against him. Coady captained England at every junior level until u21. Southgate was appointed England u21 manager about the time Coady was making the step up and expected to play for the u21's but Southgate refused to pick him.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
With Coady it's more than just this England squad, Southgate obviously has something against him. Coady captained England at every junior level until u21. Southgate was appointed England u21 manager about the time Coady was making the step up and expected to play for the u21's but Southgate refused to pick him.

He's looked a cracking player since he started playing as a sweeper. I'm not sure Southgate wants to play that way although if he wants a CD who can use the ball they need to take a look at Coady at some point.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

I’m sure he will get a chance if he carries on impressing. Many people including some pundits thought Dunk should have got a call up March/April last year after a very good season but it never came. His form this year maybe isn’t as good as last year but if Southgate wants a ball playing CB Dunk is one of the best English ones in the league. Is Coady carries on progressing I’m sure he will get a call up as well

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It appears that a lot of their fans are expecting 3 pts against us. I should imagine a sample of social media quotes should be put on the wall in the changing room, job done for the team talk!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This is stupid talk. Just as Albion fans who accused him of having a vendetta against us, when he chose not to pick Murray / Dunk, was stupid talk.

Southgate wants to succeed in his job. To do that he'll pick who he thinks will perform best. Why wouldn't he?

Coady looks decent enough. I'm sure his chance will come. But for Wolves fans to be reacting the way they are - like his omission after half a dozen top-flight appearances is some huge affront - is utterly ridiculous.

If anything, Newcastle (Lascelles) and Bournemouth (Cook) fans have far more right to feel aggrieved on behalf of their men.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I love Wolves. Since a League Cup defeat in 1969, I've never seen us lose to them. My best away ground by a long shot.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When did Coady become good? I remember him being distinctly average whenever I saw him play in the Championship.

I’m also surprised to see Ryan Bennett getting PL starts. He’s probably put in two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen (when we beat Peterborough 3-0 and Norwich 5-0).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we sure it's 'Wolves fans' and not the Wolves equivalent of a poster here (god help them) who maintains Dunk is a poorer version of Mawson and only worth about £10m. :facepalm:

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I’m sure he will get a chance if he carries on impressing. Many people including some pundits thought Dunk should have got a call up March/April last year after a very good season but it never came. His form this year maybe isn’t as good as last year but if Southgate wants a ball playing CB Dunk is one of the best English ones in the league. Is Coady carries on progressing I’m sure he will get a call up as well

I just wonder whether Southgate will give him a chance though. Last year he said that he wouldn't pick him because he needed PL experience and wouldn't pick Championship players. Yet he now picks Mount despite him being in the Championship (fantastic talent though admittedly).
Not sure why Tarkowski got into the squad ahead of Dunk or Coady on the basis of this season, especially as he had a knock. Dunk has his chance and I hope he takes it, it's nice to see a Brighton player named in the squad after all these years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are we sure it's 'Wolves fans' and not the Wolves equivalent of a poster here (god help them) who maintains Dunk is a poorer version of Mawson and only worth about £10m. :facepalm:

Yes, it is 'Wolves fanS'. Twitter yesterday awash with Wolves' OUTRAGE over this huge affront to their boy. And incredulity that 'donkey' Dunk (who they've each probably seen play about twice, to form their opinions) can possibly be ahead of him.

Similar reactions from a few Newcastle fans (over Lascelles), one or two Bournemouth (Cook) and amusingly, even a couple of Palace (Tomkins :lol: )

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
When did Coady become good? I remember him being distinctly average whenever I saw him play in the Championship.

I’m also surprised to see Ryan Bennett getting PL starts. He’s probably put in two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen (when we beat Peterborough 3-0 and Norwich 5-0).

Coady - Since Nuno switched him from CM to CB at the beginning of last season.
As for Ryan Bennett - he has dumbfounded a lot of Wolves supporters over the last year or so with his improvement. Another player that Nuno has really brought the best out of since we went to a back 3.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here