Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How Much?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm a season ticket holder, travel in by Seagull Travel and have the £9 meal deal plus lottery ticket. I've no idea how much it costs per game and to be honest, I've got a few bob so don't care.
But I took my eldest Daughter to the West Ham match and ticket, coach and food (burger and soft drink) the whole lot came to near on £70 just for her. Suddenly I understand people who just cant afford to go to football anymore.
Incidentally, went to Burton v Sunderland a couple of weeks back. £52 for two of us including parking (I know, a different league).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Took my brother in law, his son, and my sister’s son (ees complicated) to the Spurs game. Spent £120 on tickets alone for the three of them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm a season ticket holder, travel in by Seagull Travel and have the £9 meal deal plus lottery ticket. I've no idea how much it costs per game and to be honest, I've got a few bob so don't care.
But I took my eldest Daughter to the West Ham match and ticket, coach and food (burger and soft drink) the whole lot came to near on £70 just for her. Suddenly I understand people who just cant afford to go to football anymore.
Incidentally, went to Burton v Sunderland a couple of weeks back. £52 for two of us including parking (I know, a different league).

So £23ish per point won I would call that a bargain

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watched my eldest today Worthing Borough v Sidlesham Reserves

A fantastic 5-0 win for Borough, at one point there were 5 spectators and cost £2 for a cup of coffee at half-time.

And major blow up from Junior that deserved a yellow but he got away with it.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I go to more non-league matches now than league matches.
Less than £10 to get in, easy to park, normally decent priced beer and a cracking atmosphere. Oh.....and proper standing behind the goals.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I go to more non-league matches now than league matches.
Less than £10 to get in, easy to park, normally decent priced beer and a cracking atmosphere. Oh.....and proper standing behind the goals.

£11 at Burgess Hill Town....and currently awful. On the plus side, less than 5 mins walk and chips for less than a couple of quid, and can have a pint whilst watching.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
£11 at Burgess Hill Town....and currently awful. On the plus side, less than 5 mins walk and chips for less than a couple of quid, and can have a pint whilst watching.

I go to Bromsgrove Sporting whenever I go back up to the midlands. Club on the rise after the previous club (Bromsgrove Rovers) were ruined by the owner.
Now a supporter owned club and regularly atttracting 800-1000 even at step 4 of the non-league pyramid.
I love being able to stand on the terrace with a pint in my hand.

Jul 7, 2003
Watched my eldest today Worthing Borough v Sidlesham Reserves

A fantastic 5-0 win for Borough, at one point there were 5 spectators and cost £2 for a cup of coffee at half-time.

And major blow up from Junior that deserved a yellow but he got away with it.

Who are Worthing Borough? Not a team I have heard of unless there has been a recent name change.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the Albion made significant reductions in the cost of drinks and food, post-VAT would it really dent income and money for the playing budget that much? I doubt it. Well over £100m of broadcasting income swamps catering profits.

I can afford the high prices, but many others struggle financially.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched Swindon today.....Dire.....Wet .....and Cold .........BUT outside Jumbo Sausage and chips £2 .......yes £2 ......... bloody £7.50 at the Amex Friday night.

As a rule now I buy us jumbo sausage and chips to eat in the car, on the way to Mill Road, along with some fizzy pop and sweets.

The 3 of us were fed and watered for less than £15 all in.

I do like the food, pies, etc and think we are well served, it's just tough to go all in at the AMEX.

Jul 7, 2003
I was in Denver last weekend and for their NFL fixtures it is said that they sell over $1m of beer per game! What's worse is that the majority of that is Bud Light.

Not sure our Harvey's consumption is quite that impressive but seem to recall some impressive figures for beer sales in the early days at the Amex which must help the pay the bills.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was in Denver last weekend and for their NFL fixtures it is said that they sell over $1m of beer per game! What's worse is that the majority of that is Bud Light.

Not sure our Harvey's consumption is quite that impressive but seem to recall some impressive figures for beer sales in the early days at the Amex which must help the pay the bills.

A few years back when in Toronto we watched the Blue Jays playing Baseball. £100 for a replica shirt, two hotdogs and coffees £22 !

We watched Bayern Munich playing some third division team in the cup at the Alianz Arena and thrashed them 6-0, the good news was you had to put Euros on a smart card as that was the only way to buy any food, think we saved a fortune

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017

To be fair, $1m of beer at a stadium in the USA is like 17 beers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Recently watched a Champions League* qualified team play. £1.35 and you could bring in your own flasks and beers (glass bottles available round the corner at 50p).

Both teams had plenty of full Internationals playing including team-mates of Premier League players.

Some of those on show had failed to make it at 9th/10th tier in UK though.

*of Asia

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here