Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Autumn is here on the Isle of Arran and I am ready

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Fabulous day today, sun out, warm with a slight breeze, a few spots of rain and an Autumnal chill in the air.

Still glowing after last night's result.....

What else does a chap do but re-commission the log burner and buy a couple of bottles of malt .........

image1(4).jpg

Who couldn't fail to love our four seasons?

Which one first I wonder????:whisky::whisky:

Slangevar!

TNBA

TTF

Attachments

• Malt.pdf
    839.8 KB · Views: 20

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
That Arran 14 is a beaut!!

Sure is. The Talisker is about as peaty as I can take, but very nice too. All the Arran malts (10,14 & 18 are great. Jury still out on the 21year old for me but others probably with a more sophisticated palate really like it). The 14 though is a pure delight IMHO......Just about to open the bottle...he said in eager and joyous anticipation...

TNBA

TTF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd rub it on your chilblains if I were you, don't drink it whatever happens. I'd rather drink Kaolin and Morphine.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is that Talisker Storm? I have a bottle of that on the go, very peaty and perfect for Autumn.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nearly as good as some of the stuff them Japs make :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh Talisker.

I bought a decent bottle for a mate I used to live with for Christmas years ago. After a full day of drinking/Christmas dinner with our respective families we ended up back at ours.

Girlfriends had gone to bed and I'd been given a mini table football set as a random present. We ended up smashing the whole bottle in while playing about 50 matches.

Really nice drink.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
The Arran’s a new one for me, let us know what it’s like. My current favourite is Dewars 12yr old blend - so so smooth. I’m looking forward to seeing the output from the dozen or so micro-distillery’s that set up around 3-5yrs ago, output should appear. Including two southern ones, one near Annan and the reopening of the Bladnock in Wigtownshire

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The Arran’s a new one for me, let us know what it’s like. My current favourite is Dewars 12yr old blend - so so smooth. I’m looking forward to seeing the output from the dozen or so micro-distillery’s that set up around 3-5yrs ago, output should appear. Including two southern ones, one near Annan and the reopening of the Bladnock in Wigtownshire

The 14 year old is an absolute stonker...and is well recommended by me. The 10 year old is lovely too as a general easy drinking malt, no peat in either. They are opening a second distillery at Lagg next year where they will produce a peated malt (only 50ppm so no Islay heavyweight). It's a great distillery and , if you are even on the 'fair isle', the visitor's centre is well worth a visit.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here