Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we did get into the Europa League

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Would you like us to qualify for this tin pot competition ?

On one hand I would love the opportunity of those away trips to obscure teams in the middle of god knows where, but on the other hand it might well cost us our place in the big boys league

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’d like us to be in the qualifying position in the league but for clubs like ours this is a competition too far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not worth thinking about until we can go to places like Watford and win 4-0, as Bournemouth did today.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’d like us to be in the qualifying position in the league but for clubs like ours this is a competition too far.

Since 2007/8 these non big 6 clubs have qualified for European competition:

Bolton Wanderers
Fulham
Birmingham City
Stoke City
Wigan Athletic
Swansea City
Hull City
West Ham United
Southampton
Burnley

If those clubs can achieve it, then there's no reason to believe that one day we won't be playing in either the Europa League or UEFAs new competition.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Since 2007/8 these non big 6 clubs have qualified for European competition:

Bolton Wanderers
Fulham
Birmingham City
Stoke City
Wigan Athletic
Swansea City
Hull City
West Ham United
Southampton
Burnley

If those clubs can achieve it, then there's no reason to believe that one day we won't be playing in either the Europa League or UEFAs new competition.

I think you miss my point and I don’t think being in Europe has done any of those teams any favours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Early days for that but essentially this would be our version of winning the prem league or champions league surely?! The best we could hope for ever is a Burnley...!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been thinking about this recently.

Should we be fortunate to qualify in the next couple of seasons, I would fully utilise the squad,playing the likes of Andone, Bernardo and scheloto in Europe.

We wouldn't progress far but at least I would see us in Europe before I visit the great Goldstone Ground in the sky. A couple of days in europe for the away dayers would be a great laugh.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
A few European away days would be amazing occasions....this is one of my dreams to see BHA in Europe. What we don't want is lots of qualifying rounds - like Burnley just had.

Won't happen this season, or the next two....if we are still in the prem and improving- it is then possible.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
My two dreams as a kid were to see Albion in the cup final, ✅ and in Europe.
Thanks Mike. (Should never have passed that ball, Dukla and Barca awaited.)
Sadly the revised qualification rule has now made this nearly impossible, if we have a chance grab it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’d love to be in a ‘tinpot’ competition that’s been won by the likes of Atletico Madrid. Who’d turn their nose up at playing in what’s effectively the UEFA Cup? I’d have thought no-one who’s been a Brighton fan for more than 5 minutes.

The only people who could justifiably regard it as ‘tinpot’ are fans of clubs that have a realistic chance of winning the one European club competition more prestigious: the Champions League.

Although the group format is ridiculous, you’d have thought some of the top English clubs might do a bit better in the knockout stages if it’s so easy to win!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Prefer an easier tie like Celtic myself

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

"aaah'l have yeh know....."

celtic.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’d play the reserve team wouldn’t we? League takes precedence :smile: