Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
When do they intend to sack him, on the his hospital bed or when he gets out?

Could be an interesting timeline from Palace....

"Everybody at the club sends their best wishes to Roy for a speedy recovery."

"We are pleased to report Roy is back home with his family"

"Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent"

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
When do they intend to sack him, on the his hospital bed or when he gets out?

Could be an interesting timeline from Palace....

"Everybody at the club sends their best wishes to Roy for a speedy recovery."

"We are pleased to report Roy is back home with his family"

"Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent"

Yes, this is all rather unfortunate for Palace.
There is not any way to turn this into good PR. If they sack him now, they will look utter s***s. If he has to step down due to ill health, they'll be blamed for the stress they caused him by leaking to the world they were going to sack him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There is not any way to turn this into good PR. If they sack him now, they will look utter s***s. If he has to step down due to ill health, they'll be blamed for the stress they caused him by leaking to the world they were going to sack him.

I've always said they'll 'move him upstairs', it's better PR, if he agrees. A brains trust with Mark Bright and other hanger-ons.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know he wants to carry on and all that, but it’s highly irresponsible of Palace to keep the guy in position.

That said, we have two older men vying to run the USA and an even older one in charge of the right wing media over there and over here.

I’m not being ageist or anything, but when a human being gets into their late seventies is obvious that they won’t be ticking on all cylinders.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Roy is a far more decent man and manager than they deserve.

They deserve Joey Barton.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've always said they'll 'move him upstairs', it's better PR, if he agrees.
Bit morbid...

Walk Towards Stairway To Heaven GIF by Mashed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

They'll all come together to rally around for Roy, including banners.

The question is will they do new banners or just rework the ones they have slagging him off.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Odd decision to move him now. They have a few winnable games coming up. ROy has shown against the bottom teams he can get the Palace team wins. New bloke turns and tries to change thing against a motivated lower team and that could bite them in the arse. Hard to change mid season, very hard. I hope they crash and burn.
Roy can get wins against bottom half sides when he's got Eze & Olise playing together. However, I suspect most of the members of this forum could do the same. Without players who can produce a moment or two of outrageous quality in every game, he doesn't seem to have a plan. Our goals in recent months haven't been from practiced set pieces, or from patterns of play from the training ground, they've been 25 yard curling strikes into the top corners. It's not a reliable way to get results.

I wish Roy nothing but the very best, and I feel that he has been hung out to dry by Parish this season, but something has certainly changed in him. He was hospitalized for the first time before our game against Villa in September, and he simply hasn't been the same since. His tone completely changed, he started saying some very unusual and unwise things in interviews, etc.

I hope that he makes a full recovery from this latest setback and can enjoy a very happy retirement away from the pressures of top flight football. He has had a remarkable career, it's just a shame that he wasn't allowed to walk away in the summer with his head held high, and with his health intact.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

The question is will they do new banners or just rework the ones they have slagging him off.

Maybe they could just add "of hospital" to the Hodgson out banner?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

The banners, whether you agree with them or not, have largely been targeted at our dysfunctional ownership structure. Roy hasn't been the problem this season, he's merely a symptom of the problem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The banners, whether you agree with them or not, have largely been targeted at our dysfunctional ownership structure. Roy hasn't been the problem this season, he's merely a symptom of the problem.
1708019697897.png

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What is the "#cpfc project"? Is he going to be working as a hod carrier on the construction of the new stand?

I do wonder if it’s a new #cpfc project, or if it’s the Viera’ new project’ or if Frank DeBoer’s project was found unloved in the back of a dusty cupboard and they are hoping Glasnor won’t notice it’s a second ( third?) hand project, so they can re- use it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There have been several of those displays recently, none of them mention Roy by name & even that one is largely directed at the ownership as I said.
Hahaha, bless you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor fella - wonder if they’ll apologise for what they’ve done to him?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think that @hans kraay fan club has done the 'Only Connect' work already...
Its what Parish does, whenever HE is under pressure from the angry Palace mob - blame his incumbent manager, for his own pisspoor stewardship of the club.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There have been several of those displays recently, none of them mention Roy by name & even that one is largely directed at the ownership as I said.
surley the "on the pitch" can only be interpreted as being against playing decisions, which are (were) made by Roy

We all wish Roy well, and the rivalary is mainly pantomine twice a year ,Roys health is much more important, but I am expecting lots of Palace tweets and posts now trying to rewrite history. (they do have form for that after all)

The anti Roy brigade have been out in force - no amount of denying that will change the fact that Palace as a club, and its more vocal supporters at least, have treated him very shabbily

Best Wishes go to Roy from every true football fan, regardless of club affiliation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here