Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What with it being the closed season I assume palace have started the groundwork on their new stand.

I guess only 6 months later than they told their fans isn't so bad in the whole scheme of things.

Crystal Palace are unlikely to start work on the redevelopment of Selhurst Park this summer.

Palace have been given planning permission by Croydon Council to build a new Main Stand, which will increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from to 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The Eagles had planned to begin construction on the redevelopment, which will cost £75-100million, this summer but that is now unlikely.

Negotiations are still ongoing with Croydon Council over Palace’s Section 106 obligations, as per the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, to fund transport and community improvement initiatives and until that is agreed work cannot begin.

The Club did wish to confirm that a number of smaller scale improvements to Selhurst and the training ground were programmed for the closed season/near future including work on the Holmesdale roof.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...park-redevelopment-plans-summer-a4159021.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crystal Palace are unlikely to start work on the redevelopment of Selhurst Park this summer.

Palace have been given planning permission by Croydon Council to build a new Main Stand, which will increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from to 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The Eagles had planned to begin construction on the redevelopment, which will cost £75-100million, this summer but that is now unlikely.

Negotiations are still ongoing with Croydon Council over Palace’s Section 106 obligations, as per the Town & Country Planning Act 1990, to fund transport and community improvement initiatives and until that is agreed work cannot begin.

The Club did wish to confirm that a number of smaller scale improvements to Selhurst and the training ground were programmed for the closed season/near future including work on the Holmesdale roof.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...park-redevelopment-plans-summer-a4159021.html

September it is then. :wink:

Still that's only 9 months after they said they'd start work.
So with a mild winter all will not be lost.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The Club did wish to confirm that a number of smaller scale improvements to Selhurst and the training ground were programmed for the closed season/near future including work on the Holmesdale stand, which to improve it, will be demolished.

Edited for accuracy.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

119051286.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
September it is then. :wink:

Still that's only 9 months after they said they'd start work.
So with a mild winter all will not be lost.

They can’t even get their accounts in on time so don’t hold your breath

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They can’t even get their accounts in on time so don’t hold your breath
I'm not, but I do think it's handy to have a cut out and keep guide to the progress.
After all, the last time this popped up I was reminded that 'all projects of this size have minor blips on the timescale'.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Plans for Holmesdale roof unveiled.

roof.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm not, but I do think it's handy to have a cut out and keep guide to the progress.
After all, the last time this popped up I was reminded that 'all projects of this size have minor blips on the timescale'.

How many new Crystal Palace's do we need? Isn't this the third new Crystal Palace or the 4th...sorry I lose count.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How many new Crystal Palace's do we need? Isn't this the third new Crystal Palace or the 4th...sorry I lose count.

Showing that huge forecourt area, there are going to be many houses that need to ne knocked down - assume the residents have all been informed of this . .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

A glass front reminiscent of the original Crystal Palace? Well we all know how well it ended for that building.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Where are the burning cars and sad gobshites with home made banners...and a drum.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
That's at the real stadium, not this fantasy bollocks project which they have no money to build. And which still looks shit.

I thought the Americans had ring fenced the money for the new stand. Be interesting to see what other improvements they have in mind as you can't polish a turd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the Americans had ring fenced the money for the new stand. Be interesting to see what other improvements they have in mind as you can't polish a turd.

They are offski.

I have no idea if they ever ring fenced the money.
Are leaving the fence intact
Are just leaving a fence.
Or perhaps taking the whole lot away with them.

It's also unknown if Thaksin Shinawatra the corrupt Thai political will take over, let alone whether he's taking over the fence and contents therein, if there is any.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
They are offski.

I have no idea if they ever ring fenced the money.
Are leaving the fence intact
Are just leaving a fence.
Or perhaps taking the whole lot away with them.

It's also unknown if Thaksin Shinawatra the corrupt Thai political will take over, let alone whether he's taking over the fence and contents therein, if there is any.

That's a long winded way of saying "I don't know", oh well back to polishing that turd.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

please can we all start employing the term "hypothecated",
as that will make us appear, that we are at least treating this $100 project with the sincereity it deserves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here