Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
More fun and games up the road.

Patrick van Aanholt was this week asked to explain a tweet posted on his account explaining that Crystal Palace lost at Sheffield United because they "didn't want it enough", with manager Roy Hodgson "disappointed" by the excuse.

Van Aanholt, however, has told his manager that the tweet, posted in reply to question from a fan on Tuesday, did not come from him and was instead published by an agency or other individual responsible for his social media channels.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...laim-sheffield-united-wanted-it-a4219506.html

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bentecke and Tomkins on contract talks

...according to th BBC. Bentecke’s deal runs out this season, Tomkins expires in 2021. I’m sure everyone will join me in sincerely hoping that these contract negotiations go well. :lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Patrick van Aanholt was this week asked to explain a tweet posted on his account explaining that Crystal Palace lost at Sheffield United because they "didn't want it enough", with manager Roy Hodgson "disappointed" by the excuse.

Van Aanholt, however, has told his manager that the tweet, posted in reply to question from a fan on Tuesday, did not come from him and was instead published by an agency or other individual responsible for his social media channels.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...laim-sheffield-united-wanted-it-a4219506.html

That's some Wayne Hennessey levels of excuse right there. You're telling me that his agency wrote this:

Sheff Utd just wanted it more than us, boys are p****d, we just couldn’t get going, but it’s a long season ahead, back to work

hmm......

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
20190823_133612.jpg

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully Barndoor gets a substantial pay rise and maybe a 5 year deal. Since he lost his confidence a few seasons ago, he has become the perfect Palace striker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's some Wayne Hennessey levels of excuse right there. You're telling me that his agency wrote this:

Sheff Utd just wanted it more than us, boys are p****d, we just couldn’t get going, but it’s a long season ahead, back to work

hmm......

Absolutely pathetic isn't it. He's either flat-out lying about putting that tweet out there himself, or he actulaly has someone else writing all his tweets for him on his behalf. Either way, he's clearly an 18 carat DILBERT.

He's not the only one - who can forget Victor Anichebe, then at Sunderland, who's twitter account once showed "Can you tweet something like Unbelievable support yesterday and great effort by the lads! Hard result to take! But we go again!"

But it just further illustrates what a pathetic cossetted little weasel he is that he can't even stand by a comment made either by him, or on his behalf. And that comment was only what plenty of the goonsquad would've been saying about that rancid performance anyway - in fact it was on the far milder end of the scale.

Either do your own tweets and stand by them, or piss off that platform altogether. Who would even bother following a player if he has some herbert at an "agency" tweeting shite on his behalf ?

Modern football eh.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So I heard, from an impeccable source, that Palace are well and truly f*#ked. Their new main stand is no longer viable because they had the land valued to try and get outline planning permission for commercial real estate and leverage the enhanced value to raise funds for the construction but the value that game back was appalling.

Also the same issue precludes them from selling the ground ad relocating because it won’t realise enough.

At least now we know what the American investors were in for.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Isn't the point of an agent to make sure you DON'T say stupid things on twitter? PVA's story doesn't really stick (bad pun intended)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So I heard, from an impeccable source, that Palace are well and truly f*#ked. Their new main stand is no longer viable because they had the land valued to try and get outline planning permission for commercial real estate and leverage the enhanced value to raise funds for the construction but the value that game back was appalling.

Also the same issue precludes them from selling the ground ad relocating because it won’t realise enough.

Impeccable? Yes its a shit hole but its in London and would be worth a packet. So unless they had totally unrealistic expectations (i.e. never planned on building the stand anyway) I can't believe that is true.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Impeccable? Yes its a shit hole but its in London and would be worth a packet. So unless they had totally unrealistic expectations (i.e. never planned on building the stand anyway) I can't believe that is true.

i thought similar, the prices in South London are high... then also they probably over-estimated the value and more importantly post development value. its overambitious for the site location. ive also thought the idea of relocating would be flawed by their target location costing a large part of whatever they make on a sale.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Property in that decrepid part of the world really is quite cheap compared to nicer parts of London. A 4 bed semi same price as a 4 bed flat where I live in Peckham.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Yes, I’m sure an impeccable source just happened to be discussing the inner details of Palaces new stand and their finances with you. And as you respect them so much this highly confidential information was then rapidly put on here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
i thought similar, the prices in South London are high... then also they probably over-estimated the value and more importantly post development value. its overambitious for the site location. ive also thought the idea of relocating would be flawed by their target location costing a large part of whatever they make on a sale.

Whoever did the price evaluation for Zaha did the price evaluation for the ground...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here