Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That season we sold Wilf to Man U, so that counteracted the wages overspend .

But the whole point of this is, please reply honestly, do you believe Palace are spending their money wisely? Do you see a future whereby your sustainability is viable? Do you have a vision of an up to date stadium, training facility, youth set up and is it all realistic?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The relevance is, you cannot judge someone's 6th year with your 1st year. It's gets more expensive, do you think Dunk will be on the same money he is now in five years time?

As has been outlined, we have a wage structure, that may increase as we bag the cash, however we do have a structure. Palace seem to just throw money at panic buys.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The relevance is, you cannot judge someone's 6th year with your 1st year. It's gets more expensive, do you think Dunk will be on the same money he is now in five years time?

It does get more expensive, and it's then up to the club owners to decide on the wage structure. Steve Parish has gone for a variable one and Tony Bloom a level one. That makes them different, it doesn't mean one is better than the other or vice versa. I can understand why SP is paying Benteke, Zaha, Meyer and Sako £100k a week plus just as I can understand why TB takes a different approach. I was talking to a club CEO earlier this week and he said that you decide the policy and that then determines the nature of players you recruit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the problem for Palace is that by taking such an approach to wages it results in losses being made on a day to day basis, which can only be offset by increasing revenue, which is challenging given broadcast income flatlining and stadium capacity constraints for a few years at least, selling players or owner contributions.

Losing £500,000 a week is a consequence of the wage policy.

Crystal Palace 2013- EBIT.png

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the problem for Palace is that by taking such an approach to wages it results in losses being made on a day to day basis, which can only be offset by increasing revenue, which is challenging given broadcast income flatlining and stadium capacity constraints for a few years at least, selling players or owner contributions.

View attachment 104334

That equates to £26 million a year... wow!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

View attachment 104334

So we are roughly two million in debt?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As has been outlined, we have a wage structure, that may increase as we bag the cash, however we do have a structure. Palace seem to just throw money at panic buys.

Did you see how much you spent in wages in your first season in this league?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you see how much you spent in wages in your first season in this league?

Are you taking into account the increased income for Premier League clubs, between both first seasons?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the silence I guess not.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No, debt is £27 million and there’s a further £45 million owed to other clubs for transfers.

View attachment 104335

View attachment 104336

I was going by your graph, but read the 7.7million as profit.
So I'm your opinion are we screwed or not, seriously? People keep saying our wages will go down this year as we have got rid of a lot?
I have to be honest, since football got so far up its own backside I'm not concerned anymore. When you watch a bloke running around for and hour and a half and know he's earning the same in a week as you will that year, then why should I let it worry me sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here