Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't know what that's referring to.
To be fair-neither does he/her. Maybe Dougshit did the research?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I found what they are talking about. Theres a thread called Goldstone secret history from 2003. If you read it Lord Bracknell will speak from beyond his grave to put people right who are trying to stir trouble up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It might not. It would probably best for the club if he left, but then if he left, the club wouldn't put up with the Always any more. I'm not sure they'll bite the hand that feeds them.

I absolutely guarantee they will bite the hand that feeds them.

Remember the mentality of who we're talking about.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Adlerhorst

Most Palace fans do not realise that when you so some digging you can see that from 1992 (so before Archer and the Italian sounding chap) Brighton supporters club was supporting applications to get planning permission to turn the goldstone into a retail park. There’s even a thread on NSC about it.

You lot actively tried to get you ground turned into a retail park.

And while we pause to consider that astonishing fact we can also reflect on the fact that not only did you lot try to get your ground turned into a retail park, you then bitched and complained when someone turned it into a retail park.

*sighs*
What a bizarre hallucination :shrug:

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
There’s even a thread on NSC about it.

giphy.gif

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So, who was triptolemus?

It's great to see Ed's explanations for all to see, again.

Fascinating chain of events. As Triptolemus stated, it was a cruel irony that the 'supporters' in the council whilst trying to get the planning permission to help seal the club's future, perhaps sealed it in a disastrous manner when somehow speculators along with Archer et al got wind of it.

Edit: So did it turn out Triptolemus was palace?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Having read all the archived thread it seems the "Albion supporters" who wanted to sell the Goldstone, that our unwashed friend Adlerhorst is banging on about, is just a handful of councillors & the board? Not a huge swathe of fans desperate to sell the ground?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having read all the archived thread it seems the "Albion supporters" who wanted to sell the Goldstone, that our unwashed friend Adlerhorst is banging on about, is just a handful of councillors & the board? Not a huge swathe of fans desperate to sell the ground?

Now I have an inkling about where that other Palace peddled fantasy about “giving up our ground without a fight” stems from :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now I have an inkling about where that other Palace peddled fantasy about “giving up our ground without a fight” stems from :rolleyes:

Take a step back and it is plain obvious that a number of them are just lost case idiots.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Selling the ground was not the intention at that stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here