Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gordon Greer Half-Time Interview last night

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Started OK, but then tailed off as he spoke progressively quieter and more Glaswegian.

It might have been the WSU tannoy, but I honestly could not hear a word after the first 30 seconds.

Anyone know what he said?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Started OK, but then tailed off as he spoke progressively quieter and more Glaswegian.

It might have been the WSU tannoy, but I honestly could not hear a word after the first 30 seconds.

I’ll see you Jimmy?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Couldn’t understand a word he said

Then clear your ears.

He spoke clearly and cleverly, he didn't give much away but it's pretty clear he wants to get involved in the press rather than coaching. I think he'd make a good manager but he doesn't seem to be interested. He told Richie Reynolds he needed to be careful, because he's after the job. It was a nice moment. He also said that he believes we'd have made the Premier League sooner had Glenn Murray not left and I believe he had more he wanted to say on that subject. One day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Then clear your ears.
This!

Although born and bred a southerner, at the age of 18 I left home and moved north - a long way north. And one thing I discovered is that there is no language barrier. We share the same language! There are, of course, dialect words (yes, even in Sussex - there aren't many in the rest of the UK who would know the word twitten for example; it's a Sussex word) but most of the time you can work them out with a little common sense and intelligence.

All that "Ooh, I can't understand him, he's speaking Scotch/Scouse/Geordie........." :facepalm: - just :facepalm:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Then clear your ears.

He spoke clearly and cleverly, he didn't give much away but it's pretty clear he wants to get involved in the press rather than coaching. I think he'd make a good manager but he doesn't seem to be interested. He told Richie Reynolds he needed to be careful, because he's after the job. It was a nice moment. He also said that he believes we'd have made the Premier League sooner had Glenn Murray not left and I believe he had more he wanted to say on that subject. One day.

Tannoy isn’t that audible in the north west

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yup
I couldn't hear what he was saying (WSU)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

He said "grate", lots of times, need a translater for the rest

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tannoy isn’t that audible in the north west

I have complained to PB a few times about the poor quality of the sound presented in The Amex and he has, according to him, had it checked in all areas and it is performing to its optimum. So nothing can be done to improve it as it is not needed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have complained to PB a few times about the poor quality of the sound presented in The Amex and he has, according to him, had it checked in all areas and it is performing to its optimum. So nothing can be done to improve it as it is not needed.

Have you suggested he tries turning it off and back on again?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The tannoy is annoyingly loud in the East Lower. I am a little deaf but heard Greer's interview no problem. The radio Sussex one before and after the game was good except those amateurs kept playing jingles, particularly annoying as one time he was expressing gratitude to us supporters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here