Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] King Kayal!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I made some stupid comment recently that although I liked Kayal and he was an excellent squad member, he wasn’t good enough to be a starter in the premier league. How f-ing wrong was I?!

That was one of, if not the best, individual performances from one of our players in the premier league, absolutey magnificent! He played better than any of Stephens, Propper and Bissouma have played all season tonight. Superb.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You're thread is late but thats OK because KK was awesome. What a desire from the guy, player of the season three years ago, injured two years ago and on the outside looking in last year. But he has clearly still kept his commitment up and his belief that he can be a premier league starter too, and with Propper's form showing little sign of returning that place is there for him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The man OWNED the midfield. Back to his best.

Love the man.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was a fantastic performance by Kayal, he was up for it the whole game

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paging [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]s Grandad to bring some realism to this ridiculous thread [emoji23][emoji23]

Kayal was outstanding tonight.....back to the player we saw when he first joined. Great the sponsors recognised it too.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Great performance, great passion. What a guy to raise himself to that performance after the knocks he's had throughout his career.
Should be back in alongside Dale at Newcastle.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If he can overcome his injury problems he would be a good loan signing for a lower Championship or Div 1 side.

And I think even NSC's stupidest and most provocative members are wishing Beram well in getting of his injury and having a great injury free end to his career.

There may be one or two absolutely hopeless romantics who are allowing themselves to dream of seeing him boss our midfield once more. I count myself amongst their number but am under no illusions as to the tiny chances. What is football about if not allowing yourself to dream once in a while?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I think the ideal scenario is his rehab goes well, our season goes well enough that survival is assured, Kayal gets some minutes in an away game and starts the final home game of the season, and is subbed off at any point except half time to heartfelt applause, then goes up to directors box where someone senior from his yet to be announced next club has a friendly chat with him.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But very truthful. Had he been fit he would have played more games for Charlton so it is unlikely that any team above them are going to take a punt on him. He served us well so let him move on gracefully and earn a final contract

.......at least his return gave you the chance for one last dig. Well done.

I’m sure whatever he does he’ll do it gracefully. You, not so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here