Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham’s Performance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was very good. Were clearly high in confidence and have a top class striker up front. They will be one of the better teams to come down this season I think. Just because they lost doesn’t mean we can’t say that... BUT on the other hand what a fantastic ground out win from the good guys! Battled so well & took our chance well.

PS - Locadia was just onside for me - their bloke stretched his leg right out which played him on. Murray was off but didn’t interfere - so very pleased we held on!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
TBH I thought at the time Locadia was on
Glad it did t matter in the end

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with all of that [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], well said
Poor decision with Locadia, nothing wrong there

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
They had a lot of the ball and created some decent chances but their finishing was woeful

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Yes their finishing was not good enough. They dominated possession but did not make it count. Locadia was onside and Muzza not interfering. Despite his misses, like the look of Arnautovic, might be a good replacement for Glenn in 2021!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Other than he was half yard offside - i watched it on tv

They only showed it once and briefly but I think his outstretched leg played him on. Certainly wasn’t half a yard if he was off - more like half a cm - are you sure you weren’t looking at Murray?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I never really felt they were going to score despite the few times they got into good positions.

Is it just me but does anyone else feel a real confidence in Maty Ryan in goal ? - I know he has conceded more this season so far but we have played a lot of the top teams to date. I just feel a real confidence in him this season

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
JL not offside, but was Murray blocking the keepers view? Questionable. We won anyway but would have made the last few mins a little easier.

Murray is was not blocking. JL might have been but he was inside so it didn’t matter!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Said it on the match thread. We dodged a bullet there.

We did well to contain them, but we knew they'd be v strong going forward but suspect at the back.

Gonna spend the weekend wondering EXACTLY what Masuaku was doing when he stopped running back, allowing Glenn the freedom of the 6 yard box for the goal. Scientists will dedicate their lives to it.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cannot say they were outstanding because they didnt score. However thought they played same great football which I wish we could match. There passing down the middle was very good to watch..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was very good. Were clearly high in confidence and have a top class striker up front. They will be one of the better teams to come down this season I think. Just because they lost doesn’t mean we can’t say that... BUT on the other hand what a fantastic ground out win from the good guys! Battled so well & took our chance well.

PS - Locadia was just onside for me - their bloke stretched his leg right out which played him on. Murray was off but didn’t interfere - so very pleased we held on!

All correct- couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was fuming at the East side lino. He'd already missed a ball going into touch from a West Ham player earlier. It was almost a foot over the line.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thought they were good on the ball and you can see they spent a lot of money on some technically gifted players. I thought we did a good containing job to the point Ryan didn’t have a lot to do some down to poor finishing other bits down to great defending. They will do well this year if they keep the players happy which might be the hardest thing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cannot say they were outstanding because they didnt score. However thought they played same great football which I wish we could match. There passing down the middle was very good to watch..

yet we won......next!:shrug::lolol::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here