Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How good is Chris Hughton?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A nice Sky Sports piece on CH, featuring Sidders and Rosenior.

Chris Hughton has had a transformative impact at Brighton, taking them from the Championship relegation zone to a second successive season in the Premier League in the space of four years.

The former Newcastle and Norwich manager has earned plaudits for his work at the Amex Stadium, not least for steering Brighton to back-to-back wins over Manchester United, but what are his methods? What's he like to play under? And how high can he go in management?

ROSENIOR SAYS: "He is the best coach I've worked under. He's really consistent and he's got an incredible amount of humility as a person, which comes over in his coaching style. He has time for everyone and on the training pitch he's really structured and organised. You can see that in the way his team plays.

"There's method behind what he wants to do, but it goes beyond that because as a person he has respect for everyone - whether that's the players or the tea lady or the kit man.

SIDWELL SAYS: "I think I would say his attention to detail. He leaves no stone unturned, so when you go out on the pitch on matchday, you've got every bit of information covered and there are no excuses. He is well-drilled and so are his teams."

More>>>>>>>>

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting question as the real acid test is will we improve our position this season or in 5 years is survival all that matters every season.

I am more interested in where this journey is going

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting question as the real acid test is will we improve our position this season or in 5 years is survival all that matters every season.

I am more interested in where this journey is going

It depends on the players bought by the club in those future windows.

If we acquire players of PL quality who can dominate possession and control games, then CH can be benchmarked against clubs not IMO in the relegation mix .... Leicester, Everton, Palace; rather than facing a perennial relegation battle due to squad limitations.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tells it like it is.

Not scared of being critical of us, even when we win.

Close to being best Albion manager of all time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has done an amazing job for us. Shame he hasn’t got a slightly more ambitious attacking philosophy. I’d say only Eddie Howe is better of the lower Premier clubs.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There’s always room for improvement; though I’m glad to see that his fist pumping has come on leaps and bounds, judging by last night’s effort. Perhaps his mentoring by Klopp is starting to reap rewards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would go with fantasist

I’d say you are in denial :smile:

I would love us to play in the style Smug and the Pluckies play, and yes it does make me feel dirty saying that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here