Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two finger salute

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It has occurred to me that on my most recent trips to the UK I never saw any oiky schoolboys giving anyone the good old fashioned two finger salute. Has it gone out of fashion?

tumblr_lmqwv58x3i1qlrkxdo1_500.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Always best accompanied by a raspberry!

I'm not sure whether kids today are aware of the historical context of the traditional two-fingered salute. The single digit is much more prevalent these days, probably because of American film and TV, but I know nothing of its history at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I still flick the v's now and again but I think you'e right the middle finger has the edge these days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Who can forget this tit doing this ?

Ct_g09DW8AA9Lva.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Probably see plenty of this on Friday night from those cheeky cockney rascals; that and the slit throat and the "come outside then" gestures like last season when we had the cheek to score against them...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Always do a two handed two finger salutes towards the away fans if we score a goal, especially if they have been loud. Can't help myself, it's just an automatic reaction. Always brings a chuckle from the people behind me in WSU.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Kids just go straight for a knife and stab you knowing the law will do little or nothing to stop them. It’s why there were less than 100 moped crimes in London, five years ago; and this year it’s 25,000+

Youth today are far less respectful and fearful. Fortunately they still know it all...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had a middle-aged woman salute me in this way about a year ago.

It was fukken ace. I smiled all the way home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
friday.jpg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Always best accompanied by a raspberry!

I'm not sure whether kids today are aware of the historical context of the traditional two-fingered salute. The single digit is much more prevalent these days, probably because of American film and TV, but I know nothing of its history at all.

Hhmm, I wonder, for me modern kids are more likely to use the w@nker handshake then the single digit salute - and no, I doubt they know or care about the historical connotation of any of the gestures!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Always do a two handed two finger salutes towards the away fans if we score a goal, especially if they have been loud. Can't help myself, it's just an automatic reaction. Always brings a chuckle from the people behind me in WSU.

Oh I wonder if you are who I think you are? If you are we call you "Mr Angry" and have a right laugh at your shouting and swearing at the away fans from 150 meters away. Have you got a bald patch on the back of your head?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here