Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion former players association

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have often read in other clubs match programmes about their former player associations where their "legends" have formed a society which anyone who has played for the club can join, so they all keep in touch.
Then they have events at the club which the fans can attend and soak up a bit of nostalgia.

I would love this to happen at the Albion and am sure that it would create a lot of interest, especially amongst those fans who have been supporting the club for many years.
I was speaking to one of our ex players this week and he said that he has a book full of numbers and has suggested the idea to the club on one or two occasions but nothing has ever come of it. I think that's a shame.

Would you like to see the formation of an Albion Players Association and would you attend events that may be arranged as a result?

I wonder if we can get this kick started?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, I never played for the Albion so I can't comment.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have often read in other clubs match programmes about their former player associations where their "legends" have formed a society which anyone who has played for the club can join, so they all keep in touch.
Then they have events at the club which the fans can attend and soak up a bit of nostalgia.

I would love this to happen at the Albion and am sure that it would create a lot of interest, especially amongst those fans who have been supporting the club for many years.
I was speaking to one of our ex players this week and he said that he has a book full of numbers and has suggested the idea to the club on one or two occasions but nothing has ever come of it. I think that's a shame.

Would you like to see the formation of an Albion Players Association and would you attend events that may be arranged as a result?

I wonder if we can get this kick started?

Are you already a member of the Brighton and Hove Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society (BHACHS)? If not, you should be, as it sounds just up your street - they almost always have a former player speak at their quarterly meetings. (I can't help with your specific question but this is the closest we have right now).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here