Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Racecourse Park & Ride

el punal

A bit of information please. For previous evening games I’ve always parked at Mithras House P&R. That is now a no-no until January (?). It looks like I’ll have to take the Racecourse option for Friday. So my question is, which is the best route from Lewes Road? As I come from the west my usual route is A27 eastbound, down Coldean Lane then south down Lewes Road.

Any suggestions gratefully received, I theng yoo. :drink:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Continue south on the Lewes Road then turn left at the traffic lights up Elm Grove and you’ll find it on your right at the top of this road.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Continue south on the Lewes Road then turn left at the traffic lights up Elm Grove and you’ll find it on your right at the top of this road.

I would counter that and suggest turning left up Coombe Road (after Carpetright), then right turn and a quick left onto Bear Road, right again onto Tenantry Down Road, and over to the Racecourse. Bit more finicky and less simple than the straight down Lewes Road straight up Elm Grove option - but you cut out a lot of traffic.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A bit of information please. For previous evening games I’ve always parked at Mithras House P&R. That is now a no-no until January (?). It looks like I’ll have to take the Racecourse option for Friday. So my question is, which is the best route from Lewes Road? As I come from the west my usual route is A27 eastbound, down Coldean Lane then south down Lewes Road.

Any suggestions gratefully received, I theng yoo. :drink:

won't the Mill Hill P&R be a better bet if you are coming from the west, or are you worried that it will be full when you get there?

el punal

won't the Mill Hill P&R be a better bet if you are coming from the west, or are you worried that it will be full when you get there?

I used to use Mill Road but it can be a complete shit fest for leaving, and you’re right, you have to get there early hence my reason for using Mithras House over the last few seasons. For Saturday games I travel by train which ticks all the boxes as it’s a direct service from Southampton to Brighton, and, of course, the opportunity to be able to knock back a few beers!

With regard to evening matches there are no trains back to Southampton after 9.00, so it’s car or nothing. I’ve tried loads of options - drive to Shoreham and park up then catch the train to/from Brighton. This proved to be an absolute nightmare as the trains would be rammed unless you go before 5.30. Lewes was another option but the trains from Falmer to Lewes after a night game are a mare as well. The Bridge car park after the game is also hell on earth to leave. So all in all the P&R buses have offered the best service for me.

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
What's the latest time you can leave the P&R at the racecourse for the Palace game on Wednesday without missing Kick-off. Just got a couple of tickets and I'm now a bit worried about getting there on time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s about 15 minutes on the bus, so as long as you’re there at 7ish you’d probably be alright. I’d give myself a bit more time to be sure, I don’t like rushing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to use Mill Road but it can be a complete shit fest for leaving, and you’re right, you have to get there early hence my reason for using Mithras House over the last few seasons. For Saturday games I travel by train which ticks all the boxes as it’s a direct service from Southampton to Brighton, and, of course, the opportunity to be able to knock back a few beers!

With regard to evening matches there are no trains back to Southampton after 9.00, so it’s car or nothing. I’ve tried loads of options - drive to Shoreham and park up then catch the train to/from Brighton. This proved to be an absolute nightmare as the trains would be rammed unless you go before 5.30. Lewes was another option but the trains from Falmer to Lewes after a night game are a mare as well. The Bridge car park after the game is also hell on earth to leave. So all in all the P&R buses have offered the best service for me.
Park in Woodingdean and walk if you can. 30 mins each way, no worries about trains, bus queues or P&R exit drama.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here