Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] London to Brighton in 10 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well a little over 10 minutes or else the journey will need to start in Northampton and end in Dieppe. :lol:

[tweet]1047221612561518592[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At that speed, a driver would have no chance of stopping if vandals tipped a shopping trolley, or any other object, on a track. A service like that could never happen in the UK

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
any other object, on a track. A service like that could never happen in the UK

Leaves? Wrong type of snow? The stopping train to Victoria?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and still no toilet!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's all fenced in, like Eurostar in Kent. Not easily accessible to vandals.

A journey from, say, London to Newcastle, would take a hell of a lot of fencing. And what about level crossings? They can't be fenced in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A journey from, say, London to Newcastle, would take a hell of a lot of fencing. And what about level crossings? They can't be fenced in

Brighton to Newcastle would take an hour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the U.K. should first concentrate on running their regular service properly. Once you’ve mastered this, then you can think about fast trains.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's a maglev isn't it? Chinese are mad for them. In Shangahi I went on one that got up to 400km/h and that seemed insanely fast.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sounds great on paper but you can imagine that for a new high speed link to Brighton would probably finish in Hassocks or somewhere - Probably still save a huge amount of time but there a obvious logistical challenges.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
When I see things like this, I always think the worst. A prime target for terrorists, any crash at max speed would wipe out all the passengers and plenty elsewhere too.

Can we not just go back to these?

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.01.10.png

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At that speed, a driver would have no chance of stopping if vandals tipped a shopping trolley, or any other object, on a track. A service like that could never happen in the UK

A virgin train on its way to Manchester (for example) wouldn't stop in time either, I'm not even sure a London to Brighton travelling at 70mph odd who have much chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here