Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well done Roy. And Notts County.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Dementia patient, 94, scores penalty for Notts County

A 94-year-old man who has dementia was invited to fulfil a lifelong dream by scoring a penalty in front of Notts County's home fans.

A spokesperson for the club said Roy Prentice, from Chilwell, was a "massive County supporter" who wanted to score a goal in front of Meadow Lane's Kop end before he died.

The event took place at half-time on Saturday during the Magpies' home fixture against Crewe Alexandra. Alice Kelk, fan engagement executive, said: "It was a beautiful moment. His family were watching and were very emotional."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...ia-patient-94-scores-penalty-for-notts-county

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lovely gesture. Respect to Notts County there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Truly amazing stuff and massive credit to County for making this happen.. This i applaud not poxy light shows.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Brilliant stuff. And a great gesture by Palace in lending them Wayne Hennessey to attempt the save.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nice one Roy. They way County are going this season he may find himself coming on off the bench this Saturday.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
hmm, I seem to have something in my eye.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Notts County know it is all about the fans. Fans are the club not transient, CEOs, managers nor players.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Notts County know it is all about the fans. Fans are the club not transient, CEOs, managers nor players.

Agreed. I'm even prepared to overlook the fact they have someone with the ludicrous job title of 'Fan Engagement Executive' as at least they've thought it worthwhile to appoint someone to that role. They know that in this day and age with so many activities and interests competing for peoples' time football, especially lower league football, has to work hard to maintain its place.

Lessons that we could learn perhaps? After all didn't we have some sort of Fan Liaison bloke at some time? I guess people would say it isn't necessary for us in this Golden Age where the expensive tickets sell themselves and if one fan gives up there are ten to take their place - but it won't last for ever.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was nicely placed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed. I'm even prepared to overlook the fact they have someone with the ludicrous job title of 'Fan Engagement Executive' as at least they've thought it worthwhile to appoint someone to that role. They know that in this day and age with so many activities and interests competing for peoples' time football, especially lower league football, has to work hard to maintain its place.

Lessons that we could learn perhaps? After all didn't we have some sort of Fan Liaison bloke at some time? I guess people would say it isn't necessary for us in this Golden Age where the expensive tickets sell themselves and if one fan gives up there are ten to take their place - but it won't last for ever.

We still do. The club’s Supporter Liaison Officer is Sarah Gould.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We still do. The club’s Supporter Liaison Officer is Sarah Gould.

Ah, ok, fair comment. Not such a cringy job title as well! (However didn't there used to be another guy, appointed by Paul Barber? Can't remember his name. Steven someone?)

Also I'm aware that the club do do a lot for the fans, my post did come over as a bit of a dig which wasn't quite the intention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here