Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Scd 2018

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I enjoy Strictly not for the programme itself, but for the quiet, happy family routine that descends on our house every Saturday evening throughout autumn when it is on.

Mrs Nylon loves watching it with our 9-year old daughter and they snuggle on the sofa together to watch it, appraising the routines and frocks and commenting on the judges remarks and scores. Meanwhile our 7-year old son plays with his Lego or matchbox cars quietly in front of the fire (he knows it is more than his life is worth to act up when Strictly is on), whilst I sit blissfully undisturbed for an hour or so, browsing NSC and generally catching up on the day's football and occassionally shouting "Severrrn!"

And as our children are 7 and 9, I just try and live in the moment and enjoy it because I know that in 5 years time I will look back on evenings like these and miss them like mad.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Tottenham at home 5.30 followed by Manchester City away means I have fortunately not seen any of this series yet, despite it being a wifes favourite

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I enjoy Strictly not for the programme itself, but for the quiet, happy family routine that descends on our house every Saturday evening throughout autumn when it is on.

Mrs Nylon loves watching it with our 9-year old daughter and they snuggle on the sofa together to watch it, appraising the routines and frocks and commenting on the judges remarks and scores. Meanwhile our 7-year old son plays with his Lego or matchbox cars quietly in front of the fire (he knows it is more than his life is worth to act up when Strictly is on), whilst I sit blissfully undisturbed for an hour or so, browsing NSC and generally catching up on the day's football and occassionally shouting "Severrrn!"

And as our children are 7 and 9, I just try and live in the moment and enjoy it because I know that in 5 years time I will look back on evenings like these and miss them like mad.

You're probably right but our youngest daughter (18) has suddenly reappeared on the Strictly couch after missing for several years - due to young Joe being on the show. She now seems to be taking a far greater interest in the male professional dancers than she used to!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Red Dwarf and Death in Paradise. Besides, he is a natural.

I'd love for him to win. Red Dwarf is probably my favourite programme of all time. Anyone seen the 'Tongue Tied' video KNOWS he can move.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
To be honest I'm a bit biased as to who my favourite Strictly celeb contestant is as ex-Pussycat Doll's singer Ashley Roberts has caught my eye over many years, she used to do a turn on Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway 2 seasons ago, she's a real sweetie and boy can she move those legs and hips :wink:

Got to admit Steps singer Faye Tozer looks the part too, but this years Strictly celebs are looking like a really good bunch, all are fairly lean, toned and competition ready so choosing a winner is gonna be tricky.

Perhaps we could get one or two of the professional dancers to come to the Albion training ground, they could cast their eye over Locadia and see if they can sort his posture and feet out, they might even make him lighter on his feet and able dance around the oppositions defence into the bargain :rave:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd love for him to win. Red Dwarf is probably my favourite programme of all time. Anyone seen the 'Tongue Tied' video KNOWS he can move.

I'm hoping he does a routine to 'Tongue Tied' one week - it would be brilliant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do I understand this right? You are spending time watching ballroom dancing?

Yes. It's a great past time. Many a sportsman who has taken part has said they didn't realise it was so physically demanding.
It's good family entertainment on a Saturday evening.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes. It's a great past time. Many a sportsman who has taken part has said they didn't realise it was so physically demanding.
It's good family entertainment on a Saturday evening.

Very 'sensible' post.

It is pure escapism for me.

I love the 'Halloween' show!

Come on Swannie!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1538375246_22.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Come off it, please do not tell me that you have never heared of or even seen Strictly Come Dancing.

Have heard people discuss and papers mention "Strictly", every so often someone on the news is taking part so it gets a mention on the breakfast news at the weekend, maybe even caught a few minutes of it occasionally, so don't consider myself completely in the dark on the topic.

But have never heard it referred to a "Scd". Ever. Really not surprised at the shrugs from others who are as clueless as to the meaning of the thread title as I was!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Always hated it, and always will, but this year Faye Tozer is in it, and she and I are destined to be together forever (she just isn't aware of it, yet). :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Have heard people discuss and papers mention "Strictly", every so often someone on the news is taking part so it gets a mention on the breakfast news at the weekend, maybe even caught a few minutes of it occasionally, so don't consider myself completely in the dark on the topic.

But have never heard it referred to a "Scd". Ever. Really not surprised at the shrugs from others who are as clueless as to the meaning of the thread title as I was!

Yes, I got hold of the wrong end of the stick on that one.
Although I did work it out what it was about from the off I thought it was another one of those many I don't watch that crap on TV posts.
Good job it's not on ITV hardly anyone on here would watch it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You're probably right but our youngest daughter (18) has suddenly reappeared on the Strictly couch after missing for several years - due to young Joe being on the show. She now seems to be taking a far greater interest in the male professional dancers than she used to!

I am taking a very keen interest in the female professional dancers.
Imagine spending all that time rubbing up and down, having their legs round your neck and getting into all sorts of positions during rehearsals and then on a Saturday night.
And they get paid for it too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Very much this. Mine are 17, 15 and 7 and our routine is pizza, melon and chocolate in front of the telly on a Saturday night. It's been like that for about 8 years and it isn't going to be the case for much longer. Anyway, Strictly is up there with the best Saturday night family entertainment can offer (along with Saturday night takeaway)

Anyway, I'm team Stacey Dooley, the thinking man's crumpet. :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very much this. Mine are 17, 15 and 7 and our routine is pizza, melon and chocolate in front of the telly on a Saturday night. It's been like that for about 8 years and it isn't going to be the case for much longer. Anyway, Strictly is up there with the best Saturday night family entertainment can offer (along with Saturday night takeaway)

Anyway, I'm team Stacey Dooley, the thinking man's crumpet. :thumbsup:

It's in the British DNA.
Football results
Tom & Jerry
Generation Game to Strictly.
All in front of the TV while it's cold and dark outside.
Our treat was Vesta Chow Mein FFS.
Happy days.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I never leave early .... quite the opposite and I have never, ever watched Strictly, but colleagues love it so I get to hear about it

no, not really, I just accept a lot of other people are

Yes, but you are obviously a fan of abbreviations

I think you may have been ever so slightly whooshed there - tbh :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here