Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Unemployment at an 11 year low under the current Conservative Government.

Now just imagine what the position would be if Corbyn was in charge?

I don't like Corbyn at all, and certainly don't want him in power, but don't be fooled by the employment figures. It includes people like the catering staff at the Amex working just a few hours on minimum wages.

Thats how it should be no press anywhere in sight.

Yes, let it all happen in secret with no accountability at all to the general public. After all, what they don't know, won't hurt them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't like Corbyn at all, and certainly don't want him in power, but don't be fooled by the employment figures. It includes people like the catering staff at the Amex working just a few hours on minimum wages.

Yes, let it all happen in secret with no accountability at all to the general public. After all, what they don't know, won't hurt them.

That was said tongue in cheek as the press decide our fate and that of the governments. Whoever The Sun backs will get elected.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think May is doing the best job she can considering the circumstances.

Like the manager of Macc Town

utter shite.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The unfortunate thing is that older posters like me have lived through labour governments and Prime Ministers and know the consequences so do not want our children / grand children etc to suffer the same fate. Their ideals all look rosy when they are in opposition and not responsible for anything.

You slept through the first two and a half Blair premierships, then?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The unfortunate thing is that older posters like me have lived through labour governments and Prime Ministers and know the consequences so do not want our children / grand children etc to suffer the same fate. Their ideals all look rosy when they are in opposition and not responsible for anything.

This, absolutely this with knobs on - what he said! Agree 100%
Beware the politician bearing gifts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt being an absolute *Jeremy Hunt* it seems.

The Latvian ambassador not impressed.

[tweet]1046442294684123139[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I could call myself "jess'sGrandad" or "Teddy'sGrandad", and as an older voter i am deeply unhappy (and that is an understatement) about what the Conservatives have been doing over the last however many years it is, with or without Libdem support. I am far from a Corbyn fan, and think his shadow chancellor is worse, but they might take a bit more account of people's needs.

In other words, I violently disagree with you.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Probably less unemployed as we would revert to the 6 or 8 porters on the nationalised rail service stations and only 1 actually working and the same holding a shovel or broom for the council.stood around a hole.Apologies to Bernard Crtibbins

Except that under the current government, labour productivity is the worst since records began, and the worst in the western world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You think that was me letting my guard down? Something just slipped out without me realising it?

Sorry - in future I'll put loads of smilies so everyone can get the joke.

I am right of centre - I've never pretended otherwise - but only just. I've voted Labour in the past and I've not voted Conservative for many elections. Hope this helps.
You're not exactly even handed though - the Tories are every bit as much of an unelectable mess as the Labour party at the moment. They are both utterly incompetent, yet apparently the Tories count as "proper politics" whereas Labour don't?

The crying shame is that both parties have competent hard working MPs in their back benches. In both cases it is a case of lions being led by donkeys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rees-Mogg indulging in a spot of casual racism last night, it shows either supreme arrogance or stupidity as he must have known his comments would be reported.

Then again Tory voters love that sort of thing .

I heard about this. Utterly disgusting language but sadly it will be lapped up by the dusty old Little Englanders in his audience.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have lived through one labour government and seen the light already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here