Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] DIY Help

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Fitted wardrobe door has fallen off. Two latches are broken (see photo).

No idea what make the wardrobes are...

Will I be able to buy replacements that will fit the existing holes? Are these things a standard size?

Is this an easy job or a bit of a nightmare?

As ever, very grateful for any advice.
9a45b29b0654b6d529d13dfa4c7140a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Check Screwfix for cupboard hinges, no doubt they'll have one that will fit or can be fashioned too easily enough.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Check Screwfix for cupboard hinges, no doubt they'll have one that will fit or can be fashioned too easily enough.
Thanks. Not sure I like the sound of "can be fashioned too quite easily" ([emoji846]) but pleased that first reaction is it shouldn't be too much of a problem...

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Thanks. Not sure I like the sound of "can be fashioned too quite easily" ([emoji846]) but pleased that first reaction is it shouldn't be too much of a problem...

What I meant by that is you don't have to use the old hinge indent.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
How would you make that circular indent if you had to do a new one?

Not all hinges need a circular indent. Some are flush against the cabinet. That said Creaky linked some that look good. Screwfix stock a whole bunch so you might find some cheaper, if not check Toolstation. I always check both when DIYing.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Not all hinges need a circular indent. Some are flush against the cabinet. That said Creaky linked some that look good. Screwfix stock a whole bunch so you might find some cheaper, if not check Toolstation. I always check both when DIYing.
Thanks. I'll take the old ones and see if I can get an exact match on the circular bit. If not I'll go for ones that are flush. Do you think I can mix them or will I have to replace all 4...?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just to say I always find Screwfix excellent to deal with - they're friendly, happy to talk to people not in the trade, fast, efficient and never overpriced. Big fan.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd buy them online. Toolstation are reasonable at a couple of quid per pair. Easy repair using existing hole. measure the diameter of the hole, they're normally a common size and quite idiot proof fitting them

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Found out the other day B&Q own Screwfix, the guy who sold Screwfix is aggressively trading against them as Toolstation, I guess £80m just isn’t enough for some people.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just swap like for like. They are cranked hinges..... yes ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fitted wardrobe door has fallen off. Two latches are broken (see photo).

No idea what make the wardrobes are...

Will I be able to buy replacements that will fit the existing holes? Are these things a standard size?

Is this an easy job or a bit of a nightmare?

As ever, very grateful for any advice.
9a45b29b0654b6d529d13dfa4c7140a8.jpg

If you can wait to Sunday I might have something very similar in my 'spares' box.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Found out the other day B&Q own Screwfix, the guy who sold Screwfix is aggressively trading against them as Toolstation, I guess £80m just isn’t enough for some people.

Toolstation has now been part of the same group as Wickes for some time.
Set up company, sold to far bigger company, set up identical company, sold to a rival far bigger company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here