Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Are you a terrorist or a genocidal maniac?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The world really is a stupid place.

Cancer patient Mandie Stevenson had to postpone a bucket list trip to New York after she accidentally labelled herself a terrorist on her visa waiver form.

The online application asked if she was seeking to or had ever engaged in terrorist activities or genocide.

The US is particularly stupid....

"I don't imagine that anybody has ever deliberately ticked this box.

"But once you are on that list you are never going to get off it."

He said: "America is completely unforgiving. If that box gets ticked for whatever reason, immediately it's as though the alarms go off, the shutters go down and you are into a spiral of despair."

Absolute foolproof method of finding terrorists.:lolol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45678517

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you've ever been arrested you need to get a visa for the USA. Even if it was by mistake and you were let go immediately afterwards they still demand a visa interview. Or you were found not guilty in court/magistrates it's the same and need a visa.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you've ever been arrested you need to get a visa for the USA. Even if it was by mistake and you were let go immediately afterwards they still demand a visa interview. Or you were found not guilty in court/magistrates it's the same and need a visa.

I can almost understand that but my mirth and miff was more directed to the idea that some terrorist is going to say YES and then give up.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What's more stupid, asking the question, or ticking yes? America have every right to be as unforgiving as they want to be regarding terrorism.

She's a terminal cancer patient who ticked it by accident while rushing to get forms in to fit a bucket list trip to America into her 12 week treatment cycle.

And no. America does not have the right to be as unforgiving as it wants to be to innocent people. No right whatsoever.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Quite agree, but it’s ironic that they allow their own people loose with all sorts of artillery.

But then they've never had to tick any boxes to indicate whether they are a terrorist or not, or indeed anything other than do you want a gun yes/no, and once you say yes, have as many as you want and do whatever you want to do with them

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
She's a terminal cancer patient who ticked it by accident while rushing to get forms in to fit a bucket list trip to America into her 12 week treatment cycle.

And no. America does not have the right to be as unforgiving as it wants to be to innocent people. No right whatsoever.

It makes me chuckle every time I see that question. It's not going to catch anyone.

I actually applied for a new ESTA a couple of days ago. The website is a little bit shit, but that seems to be the deal with most American websites. I clicked "next" and it said I'd filled my address in wrong, even though I'd clearly filled in all the required fields. After a bit of Googling I found out the way to continue was to click "next" about 4 times until a checkbox appears which you check to say the entered address is correct. There was no indication that this would happen if I kept pressing the button.

The US is so backwards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite agree, but it’s ironic that they allow their own people loose with all sorts of artillery.

Indeed. No entry for someone who's made a mistake on a form but please, do pop down to your local Walmart and purchase as much heavy weaponary as you want.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's an almost equally dumb Aussie immigration question, question 12 if memory serves, something like: 'Are you importing medicine/weapons?'. So every single f*cker ticking yes to that question gets asked by a human 'So you're importing medicine, yes?'. Like anyone's ever going to say no, I'm importing weapons, if they ticked yes on that box.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
The world really is a stupid place.

Cancer patient Mandie Stevenson had to postpone a bucket list trip to New York after she accidentally labelled herself a terrorist on her visa waiver form.

The online application asked if she was seeking to or had ever engaged in terrorist activities or genocide.

The US is particularly stupid....

"I don't imagine that anybody has ever deliberately ticked this box.

"But once you are on that list you are never going to get off it."

He said: "America is completely unforgiving. If that box gets ticked for whatever reason, immediately it's as though the alarms go off, the shutters go down and you are into a spiral of despair."

Absolute foolproof method of finding terrorists.:lolol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45678517
Beckham would...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here