Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Buckingham Arms

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One of Shoreham's finest pubs, The Buck is closing for a month for a refurb. I was chatting to Keith, the very pleasant landlord and he was telling me they are doing away with the kitchen and creating more space for drinkers. Now that's unusual these days, a pub focussing on the drinkers and not families and diners. Another reason I love that pub.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Indeed - been drinking there since I was legal (that's my story and i'm sticking to it) because of where i was working and it's where all my chums go to.

I still go there now even though i live in worthing.

BBQ tomorrow at 8 as a closing down event.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed - been drinking there since I was legal (that's my story and i'm sticking to it) because of where i was working and it's where all my chums go to.

I still go there now even though i live in worthing.

BBQ tomorrow at 8 as a closing down event.

I am certain to have seen you there. Gotta work tomorrow night so going in for an early lunchtime pint before my afternoon nap.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Drank there once in a while when in Shoreham but tended to go more to the Burrell Arms now the Italian restaurant Brio.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shoreham has some decent pubs tbf. I was in there for a couple of the WC games.

We do well. The Buck, The Wellie, The Bridge on a Summer evening. Waterside I used to like very much but at weekends it's overrun with teenagers but it's conveniet to us so end up there a fair bit. Even the Ferry is okay now, not great. The new Tap House is rather good. Sutors Yard is okay-ish. Funny to watch all the Shoreham Big Fish in there giving it the big I am. Of course we have the Red Lion and Amsterdam, lovely after a walk along Mill Hill.I've not checked out the Rocking Horse yet looks a bit wanky. But The Buck is my preferred ale house.

If the other half is at work in the evening and I have a night off I'll saunter over there about 8 and have a couple. Always someone in there to chat to or equally they'll say hello and leave you to read the paper. Proper pub.

theboybilly

The Old Star in Church Street is a cracking little micropub but gets very busy. Nice in the early afternoons though. The Buck really is a special pub though. Keith keeps his beers nice and 99% of the clientele are decent. Get there early if you want a decent seat when the football's on

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Old Star in Church Street is a cracking little micropub but gets very busy. Nice in the early afternoons though. The Buck really is a special pub though. Keith keeps his beers nice and 99% of the clientele are decent. Get there early if you want a decent seat when the football's on

Yup. It's gonna be a loooong month :D

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We do well. The Buck, The Wellie, The Bridge on a Summer evening. Waterside I used to like very much but at weekends it's overrun with teenagers but it's conveniet to us so end up there a fair bit. Even the Ferry is okay now, not great. The new Tap House is rather good. Sutors Yard is okay-ish. Funny to watch all the Shoreham Big Fish in there giving it the big I am. Of course we have the Red Lion and Amsterdam, lovely after a walk along Mill Hill.I've not checked out the Rocking Horse yet looks a bit wanky. But The Buck is my preferred ale house.

If the other half is at work in the evening and I have a night off I'll saunter over there about 8 and have a couple. Always someone in there to chat to or equally they'll say hello and leave you to read the paper. Proper pub.

Even The Royal George has been given a lick of paint now, and it actually serves pretty decent food.

Was my local growing up and therefore holds sentimental value to me but it certainly fills a purpose.

I will be attempting the Shoreham golden mile this Christmas Eve. A pint in every pub. I’ve came bitterly close twice, but I’ve now got the optimal root sorted so hopefully I can final complete it this year.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Even The Royal George has been given a lick of paint now, and it actually serves pretty decent food.

Was my local growing up and therefore holds sentimental value to me but it certainly fills a purpose.

I will be attempting the Shoreham golden mile this Christmas Eve. A pint in every pub. I’ve came bitterly close twice, but I’ve now got the optimal root sorted so hopefully I can final complete it this year.

I may see you, if I'm not working I'm gonna be hitting all the best ones. I'll wear my BHA pin. Wave if you see me!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

I lived over the bridge on the beach for 9 years & agree with all of that. I did really like the Crown & Anchor under the previous management, but to be honest I was in there early evening when picking my Mrs up who worked in the restaurant there. I know it was a different animal at night!
The Royal Sovereign was good too I thought.

In Lancing now, enough said! :D

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You heathens the best pub in Shoreham By Sea is easily the Swiss, followed by the Dutch and in third the ferry!!!!

I have never stepped foot inside the Swiss Cottage. Looks ghastly. The Ferry , or Ferry Rig Inn to give it its new title is actually rather okay after its return.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pikey peasant!

The Duke is the best pub in Shoreham, Keith does indeed keep plenty of good ale and runs a proper blokes pub, kind of took over that around the same time Simon left the Sovereign. Athens time thenDule was shut, and Simon ran the Sov. it was hands down the best pub in town. We had some absolutely cracking times in there.

The old star is good late Arvo early eve. Post dog walk neck oiler, Bridge best for family/food, Schooner seems like 80's wannabe yuppies reliving their youth now the kids have left home!

You heathens the best pub in Shoreham By Sea is easily the Swiss, followed by the Dutch and in third the ferry!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here