[Other Sport] Ryder cup 2018.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yanks look the stronger but don't travel well

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I know a few friends who are lumping on team USA who look generous at close to evens.

I'm hoping for the upset result though, similar to not betting against the Albion.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I am getting stupidly excited about this. I tell myself,"It's only golf ifs!" But there is something about this cup. Maybe because we have a great record at home reminding me of Albion? Don't know but so want to beat the Yanks. Love Tiger but he doesn't really have that good a record in the Ryder Cup. Now watch him prove me wrong! Bring it on!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Genuinely surprised that this thread has started today, the day before the event starts ?

I heard Jay Townsend talking on 5Live on Monday evening saying that he thought that the Ryder Cup was the second biggest sporting event after The World Cup !!!!!

And yet this thread arrives only 8 hours ahead of the first tee off ? Come on chaps, buy the hype !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Genuinely surprised that this thread has started today, the day before the event starts ?

I heard Jay Townsend talking on 5Live on Monday evening saying that he thought that the Ryder Cup was the second biggest sporting event after The World Cup !!!!!

And yet this thread arrives only 8 hours ahead of the first tee off ? Come on chaps, buy the hype !
Where there is a parallel is that like the World Cup, it sucks in people who aren't usually fans of that sport.

Personally, I'm excited about this one. We are always the underdog and yet our record stands up. The odds suggest this is going to be tight.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I’m all in on Europe at 6/4 which is far too big given the record over here we have.

Sky’s coverage all over the place so far and hardly anything live despite only 8 players on the course:rolleyes:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
A good start is what we need and that is what we've got. We'll thrive on the confidence I think.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The coverage is pretty much unwatchable :rant::rant: It’s almost impossible to keep up with what is going on as they are showing about a quarter of the shots and nothing live. Still, I have nothing better to do so will Cary on watching it:D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The coverage is pretty much unwatchable :rant::rant: It’s almost impossible to keep up with what is going on as they are showing about a quarter of the shots and nothing live. Still, I have nothing better to do so will Cary on watching it:D

Indeed. Missed loads of putts live, and shown others (including Rose's first winning putt of the whole thing) from a camera about three miles away.

I guess the images are not Sky's and they are reliant on a French host broadcaster. Poor though.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’m shirking from home today - how have I only just remembered this started today?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Europe are going to get thrashed. Was lining up Sunday afternoon in front of the telly but have a sneaking suspicion it might be all over bar the shouting going into the singles.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My money would be on them if I'm honest. Whilst our rookies are good, we've got a lot of them and match play golf is a different breed to their regular format so we just don't know how they'll react. Plus that US team is very, very strong.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Another shirking from home. wife was not impressed when I told I'm working from home tomorrow to watch the Ryder cup!:D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here