Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Robo-hoovers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No but I'd like one. Because the YouTube videos of cats in shark outfits riding them are great, and I'd like to see how my cat responded.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Haha. Your life mirrors mine far too closely at the moment. My Mrs has been pushing this (not literally, that's the point) for a couple of months. It's on the list of things to get when money is not tight. Although I've currently said the next holiday to Florida is more important.

Having done a trawl round of reviews we decided that it is not worthwhile doing this on the cheap so I think the one we selected for future was about £800.

You can set it run for different times when you're out. We won't be telling our son when we get it so that it scares the shite out of him.

None of them do stairs yet. It's a one floor job, like the daleks used to be in the old days before CGI. I suspect it requires moving dog toys, and general crap out of the way. And presumably excitable labradors will need to be vacant as well. However it does apparently realise when it is nearing a gap where it may fall over.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Bought a cheap one from Lidl last year - about £80 - no clever features, stops when out of charge, no timer but is brilliant in the ‘man shed’ - what It would be like on a carpet I have no idea but is great on a wooden floor.

Our dog and cat totally ignore it, until it bumps into them then they may deign to move!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be clear: I'm not concerned about how the dog will deal with - I want to know how the robot-hoover will deal with picking up dog hair.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
off subject slightly , I was in the middle of nowhere on a fjord in Norway and when the ferry went in to pick up a passenger I noticed that one of the gardens had a robo grass cutter going around. Not sure how it knew when to stop as there were no physical oundaries to the property.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haha. Your life mirrors mine far too closely at the moment. My Mrs has been pushing this (not literally, that's the point) for a couple of months. It's on the list of things to get when money is not tight. Although I've currently said the next holiday to Florida is more important.

Having done a trawl round of reviews we decided that it is not worthwhile doing this on the cheap so I think the one we selected for future was about £800.

You can set it run for different times when you're out. We won't be telling our son when we get it so that it scares the shite out of him.

None of them do stairs yet. It's a one floor job, like the daleks used to be in the old days before CGI. I suspect it requires moving dog toys, and general crap out of the way. And presumably excitable labradors will need to be vacant as well. However it does apparently realise when it is nearing a gap where it may fall over.

Wait, are you saying Daleks can now indeed go upstairs? Shit, I'll have nightmares now. :down:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Dyson V10 cordless is a thing of beauty. It lasts 60 minutes between charges so allows the wife to clean the whole house whilst I'm playing FIFA or Zelda.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
off subject slightly , I was in the middle of nowhere on a fjord in Norway and when the ferry went in to pick up a passenger I noticed that one of the gardens had a robo grass cutter going around. Not sure how it knew when to stop as there were no physical oundaries to the property.

Wire / cable, buried around the boundary of the area it is to cut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The cleaner uses a regular hoover. I’m not going to pay her to watch a robot do the work for her. She also doubles as my language partner. Value for money these German students.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Got the ( Neato Bot Vac ) deals with two spaniel's and a ginger cat on timber floors and carpets, fantastic bit of kit does the whole house in the middle of the night. When the battery runs down goes back to the charging system recharges goes back to where it left off and finishes the house, would recommend.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Yes. Have the Eufy and two dogs. Absolutely brilliant,cleans better than a Dyson. The quality of the cleaning surprised me, thought it would just be a bit of a gimmick, but it's really good. Does need to be emptied fairly regularly (all the dog hairs) and filters cleaned etc. Because it is low it goes under chairs and our dogs raised beds without having to move things. Got it going through Alexa so just ask Alexa to start Robo-vac and off it goes or you can set it on a schedule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here