Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Just how (food) greedy have you ever been...?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I just ate a whole bag of THE most delicious, chewy, fruit flavoured sweets - a bit like Haribo jelly babies if you're familiar with that brand. Only better. Pure crack sugar-cane!

They were so incredibly delicious, I then just couldn't STOP myself from eating an entire 2nd bag too...and now feeling really sick. :sick: And guilty - because we brought them back from holiday as small gifts and you can't purchase in the UK. Still, they'll never know...:D

What have you (food) scoffed to ridiculous consumption levels in 1 sitting? What tales of unadulterated GREED lie buried in your stomach? And at what cost? (because if I get through the next hour without a bucket... :lolol:).

been ill recently and didnt feel like eating much so settled for a whole pack of pringles for breakfast and ate a whole box of maltesers for teatime :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I just ate a whole bag of THE most delicious, chewy, fruit flavoured sweets - a bit like Haribo jelly babies if you're familiar with that brand. Only better. Pure crack sugar-cane!

They were so incredibly delicious, I then just couldn't STOP myself from eating an entire 2nd bag too...and now feeling really sick. :sick: And guilty - because we brought them back from holiday as small gifts and you can't purchase in the UK. Still, they'll never know...:D

What have you (food) scoffed to ridiculous consumption levels in 1 sitting? What tales of unadulterated GREED lie buried in your stomach? And at what cost? (because if I get through the next hour without a bucket... :lolol:).

You won't need bog roll for a week.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
been ill recently and didnt feel like eating much so settled for a whole pack of pringles for breakfast and ate a whole box of maltesers for teatime :)

A brilliant start to proceedings!! I can't help thinking the holy grail of this thread is probably someone doing a KFC family bucket 'home alone' or the equivalent. Not as a challenge, nope, that's not what this thread is about. Rather, pure, casual, 'f uck it' grazing greed. You know, when you suddenly realise 11 packets lie empty on the floor whilst watching a film and you might as well finish the last one from that Walkers 12 pack of assorted crisp flavours. And then regret because you start drinking water like a whale...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At Uni, playing a lot of sport and being slim, I could demolish a giant pack of McVities Abbey Crunch in a very short period with coffees for dunking.

At a similar age, I could eat 3 donor kebabs at 2 in the morning, after an evening downing 8 to 10 pints of lager. Again, not overweight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
At Uni, playing a lot of sport and being slim, I could demolish a giant pack of McVities Abbey Crunch in a very short period with coffees for dunking.

At a similar age, I could eat 3 donor kebabs at 2 in the morning, after an evening downing 8 to 10 pints of lager. Again, not overweight.

3 donors, shite, that is some going!! Even after 10pints 'back in the day'!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mill House pub, Portslade, 1973, age 15, me and my mate Andy got through ten bags of crisps each at the bar, while quaffing buckets of Watneys Special. And I remained a 9 stone puff of **** all for several years after.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So many adventures in gluttony for me.
In declining form with advancing years but this week I did make a tray of flapjacks, accidently doubled the sugar content (to 350g plus golden syrup) and ate them all watching a film after second dinner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mill House pub, Portslade, 1973, age 15, me and my mate Andy got through ten bags of crisps each at the bar, while quaffing buckets of Watneys Special. And I remained a 9 stone puff of **** all for several years after.

:O Ten bags of crisps EACH! A magnificent effort! This is what I'm on about. And in those days, bags of crips were twice the size too!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Those Tunnock Tea cakes are little devils. I can do 6 of them before the packet is barely opened.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So many adventures in gluttony for me.
In declining form with advancing years but this week I did make a tray of flapjacks, accidently doubled the sugar content (to 350g plus golden syrup) and ate them all watching a film after second dinner.

That is a classy level of gluttony. Homemade. And an entire tray, casual like i.e. I bet you never intended...but suddenly there were just crumbs remaining. :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:O Ten bags of crisps EACH! A magnificent effort! This is what I'm on about. And in those days, bags of crips were twice the size too!

And the crisps were chunks of potato, heavily salted and fried in lard, so help me, they were.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I used to be like that with liquorice allsorts - once started, I'd finish the lot. My late ex-mother in law used to send me some for Christmas, a larger package each time. The last time was a huge tin, with the message on it, 'I dare you!'

.......I did! Perhaps it's just as well that she's no longer with us and I'm no longer married!

swd40

Mar 22, 2006

These moreish little bleeders?

jellymen.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Used to spend a day or two a week in Birmingham for work. One night, heading home, there was a bloke just outside New Street station selling huge bags of butchers’ pork scratchings for £2. I don’t mean plastic, these were large paper bags. Bought one intending to take to my mate’s poker night two days later. By Watford Junction there wasn’t a single crumb left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Numerous times I have over ordered at “designation” restaurants. For example I always have two starters at St John.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I went through a phase of doing Double Domino's Tuesday, was spellbound by the real-time app as much as anything. Convinced myself that it made sense ordering two extra large pizzas as I'd then have half-price meals for two days. Can't fault the logic. I'd have one as a late-night supper on Tuesday. And the other for breakfast on Wednesday. As a curious side-effect I noticed I started to gain weight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here