Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/25/us/bill-cosby-sentence-assault/index.html

Cosby's spokesperson Andrew Wyatt unleashed on the media, judge and prosecutors after the sentence, calling the prosecution "the most racist and sexist trial in the history of the United States." He also said Cosby was doing well because "he knows that these are lies" and even compared it to the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
"They persecuted Jesus and look what happened. (I'm) not saying Mr. Cosby's Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries," Wyatt said.

That's certainly an eye catching line!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Messiah he isn’t. Has a point about being black. If he were white he could now be set to be a Supreme Court Judge rather than going down.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/25/us/bill-cosby-sentence-assault/index.html

Cosby's spokesperson Andrew Wyatt unleashed on the media, judge and prosecutors after the sentence, calling the prosecution "the most racist and sexist trial in the history of the United States." He also said Cosby was doing well because "he knows that these are lies" and even compared it to the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
"They persecuted Jesus and look what happened. (I'm) not saying Mr. Cosby's Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries," Wyatt said.

Ah play the race card as a last resort, trouble is nearly everyone can plainly see he’s as guilty as hell, which is where he will be spending eternity in when he leaves this mortal life.....

May he turn & burn slowly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Messiah he isn’t. Has a point about being black. If he were white he could now be set to be a Supreme Court Judge rather than going down.

Or President.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I didn't realise drugging and sexually assaulting women was a pre-requisite to becoming a Supreme Court Judge, even in the good ole USA.

Anyway, I've got no sympathy for the bloke - a). he shouldn't have done what he did, and b). if he doesn't like the outcome, he should have made sure he got a racist jury like O.J. Simpson did. Off to gaol you go, loser.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I didn't realise drugging and sexually assaulting women was a pre-requisite to becoming a Supreme Court Judge, even in the good ole USA.

Anyway, I've got no sympathy for the bloke - a). he shouldn't have done what he did, and b). if he doesn't like the outcome, he should have made sure he got a racist jury like O.J. Simpson did. Off to gaol you go, loser.
Bit topical for you.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
[/I]

Probably not the best analogy to use to gain sympathy in view of how the Yanks reacted to John Lennon's "the Beatles are more popular than Jesus" remark....

https://youtu.be/wfMmbXwH9xQ

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Ah play the race card as a last resort, trouble is nearly everyone can plainly see he’s as guilty as hell, which is where he will be spending eternity in when he leaves this mortal life.....

May he turn & burn slowly.

If he did what he is supposed to gave done - and I'm not suggesting he hasn't, I just haven't followed it that closely - he deserves everything he gets. The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
In fact a number of his accusers were black. They have played the race card to get ignorant people on their side of which there are many in America.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have no sympathy for anyone guilty of sex crimes. Should be locked up for longer.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
he should have made sure he got a racist jury like O.J. Simpson did. Off to gaol you go, loser.

Hmm, that seems to be slightly revisionist.

I think it was quite clear that OJ was acquitted because his lawyers created enough doubt in the mind of the jurors about the validity of the evidence being presented to them. As soon as reasonable doubt is cast over whether evidence has been tampered with or even planted by the police then they had little alternative but to acquit. They can't convict on a balance of probability, and the questions raised by Shapiro, Cochran, Kardashian et al over the evidence was extremely damaging to the prosecution.

There is a strong argument that OJ "got off" due to his wealth, in being able to bring that "Dream Team" together in the first place, whereas Slo' Joe from the Baltimore Projects would have gone down faster than a cheap whore for the same case, but to throw "racist" at the jurors? No mate, that's no the right call.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think it was quite clear that OJ was acquitted because his lawyers created enough doubt in the mind of the jurors about the validity of the evidence being presented to them. As soon as reasonable doubt is cast over whether evidence has been tampered with or even planted by the police then they had little alternative but to acquit. They can't convict on a balance of probability, and the questions raised by Shapiro, Cochran, Kardashian et al over the evidence was extremely damaging to the prosecution.

There is a strong argument that OJ "got off" due to his wealth, in being able to bring that "Dream Team" together in the first place, whereas Slo' Joe from the Baltimore Projects would have gone down faster than a cheap whore for the same case, but to throw "racist" at the jurors? No mate, that's no the right call.

Three quarters of the jury were black, and only two were white. Jurors have since admitted there was division within the jury between black and white. I rest my case.

http://famous-trials.com/simpson/1989-jurypage

Attorneys can exercise their peremptory challenges for almost any reason--body language, appearance, dissatisfaction with answers--but not for reasons of race or sex. Every challenge by the prosecution of a potential black juror caused Cochran (lawyer from the defence team) to approach the bench and suggest that the challenge may have been racially motivated.

Defence team certainly knew damn well they were picking a jury on racial lines!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

What the **** are you on, race played a huge part in his acquittal.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I read that due to the US statute of limitations there are dozens of alleged victims that cannot bring a criminal case against him. It seems these monsters only ever get sent down for one or two instances. I know the law will only follow cases they have a reasonable chance of securing a conviction for but it does make one’s blood boil that they get away with so many crimes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here