Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Can You Feel It - How Dance Music Conquered The World - BBC4

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just catching up on this three part series started last Friday - stunning is an understatement.

History of house, funk, acid etc

If you like music watch it

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was trying to remember this programme yesterday, thanks for the heads up.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Colleagues were talking about this and saying it is great so definitely want to check it out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just catching up on this three part series started last Friday - stunning is an understatement.

Cheers, I normally notice these brilliant bbc4 doc’s, but missed this one. Look forward to watching it.

BBC4 did a similar prog a few years back, but compacted into the one prog.

I love most dance music.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Music For Misfits - The Story Of Indie was similarly great. I could do without the endless TOTP reruns, but the rest of BBC4s music stuff on Friday nights is brilliant.

Unfortunately the choice of the TOTP re runs is very limited as they avoid anything with Jimmy Saville and Dave Lee Travis who featured quite prominently on so many shows.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Unfortunately the choice of the TOTP re runs is very limited as they avoid anything with Jimmy Saville and Dave Lee Travis who featured quite prominently on so many shows.

They still show them but you’ll note these shows have the presenter link segments edited out.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Nice link, good watch, cheers.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just watched episode 1. My that was a great programme. Can't wait for the next episode.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nice one will have to watch it. Was listening to Acid House Essentials apple playlist in my work van most of yesterday [emoji1303]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:thumbsup:

I’d not heard about this so thanks. As others have said, BBC make amazing music progammmes.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I had heard this documentary was coming out and a few days ago I tried searching for it and ended up watching this ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzhd4WsuX6k

Very similar, the same stories, but in some ways a little better maybe. Anyway, if you enjoyed the bbc one, this is also good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here