Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What do you do with your old ink cartridges ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
discarded-printer-cartridges.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I use HP Instant Ink and pay £1.99 a month. When I need new cartridges my printer pings them a message so they post them and I send the old ones back. Saves the whole pesky business of running out of ink when you most need to print something.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en

However prior to that at work I was clearing out an old store room and found a bin bag full of used cartridges. Checked with colleagues if anyone minded me taking them. No one did so took them and sent them off for the now discontinued Tesco Green Clubcard points. Got 100 points for each cartridge which I converted to Avios and got a free holiday out of. Result!

Brother will send you a postage paid envelope (form on their website) which will take around 5 of their cartridges back to the Netherlands for refilling.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I take the home ones (little) to Tesco as there's a bin there to recycle them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Place I but mine from online always send a postage-prepaid recycling bag with the next order so I just send the empties back

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Great idea , probably get a few Squid for the returns .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Tesco recycling. Also take our old water filter cartridges there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Place I but mine from online always send a postage-prepaid recycling bag with the next order so I just send the empties back

The some for me and they say that it goes to help children with cancer not sure if it does but it doesnt cost me to send them the old cartridges so I return them in the postage paid envelope provided..

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Go onto the Macmillan Cancer website and order some free, postage paid, envelopes. Send all your empty cartridges to them for recycling - every little bit helps

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I imagine a lot of the recycling is to get the gold off of the contacts. not much from each cartridge, but if you get a few thousand......
There is always a use for brick cleaner and hydrogen peroxide:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here