Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] i hear Mr Bloom will .....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
be bringing a couple of ponies over for the Melbourne Cup .....any insights from the punting crew greatly received....cheers in advance.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Come on Mr B, spill the beans... Donkeys or Stallions, and should we have a wager??

1410927087869.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
be bringing a couple of ponies over for the Melbourne Cup .....any insights from the punting crew greatly received....cheers in advance.

bringing over? Are you in Australia?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so anyway ...all pointless banter aside .....Withhold ....can it do the deed, will need to be a c%%t of a horse and have a withering finish ,

will need to run 2 miles in around 2 : 50 /52....is it that good ...??

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think it unlikely either will get in the race without winning a prep. as they have been allocated very low weights. So low in fact that Winston R will not be able to ride either should they get in the race.

Therefore be careful if betting ante-post!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think it unlikely either will get in the race without winning a prep. as they have been allocated very low weights. So low in fact that Winston R will not be able to ride either should they get in the race.

Therefore be careful if betting ante-post!

nice one ...the usual in for these horses is Bendigo or Caulfield cups ....Taufans Melody who my brother and dad both told me to get on won the Caulfield cup at 66/1..trained in Angmering...you don't pay 150 k to fly these horses out unless you think they've got a decent chance.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Here is a link to the ballot horses

https://www.justhorseracing.com.au/melbourne-cup/melbourne-cup-order-of-entry

Only 24 run so you need to be as close to 24 as possible. Withhold is 49th but Stratum is so far down the list it doesn't have a number!

ETA PP has Withhold at 14/1 (from 16s) and Stratum 33/1 (from 25s). There is nothing about "Non runner - no bet" so if backing ante-post and the horse doesn't run, you have done your money. (I'm sure there will probably be a less stingy bookie out there offering no runner / no bet on a 24 runner race where they will all be trying and 14/1 the field!)

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am more than aware of the number of runners but they don't spend that amount of dosh bringing nags over ....as i said , the caulfield , bendigo , cranbourne cup all qualify , the saab quality and the mackinnon stakes......thers a lot of shuffling going on ...i'm not sure if they can win a G1 over there and qualify either .

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...d-prep-race-australia-to-get-run-horse-racing

Not sure if the links works but an interesting article in the Guardian... he’s flying out this week, Melbourne Cup has always been the plan. Effectively he’s 45th on the list but they’ve always expected the requisite numbers to drop out to enable him to run. However the contingency of running again beforehand has not been ruled out (possibly the Geelong Cup)..

No mention of Stratum who I would guess is so far down the list that it would be very tough to get into the race.. for me Withhold is the better horse and the most likely runner and winner of the two Bloom charges... the way he won both the Cesarewitch and the Northumberland plate blew me away... more so when you consider that he wasn’t supposedly fully revved up for either.

I’ve said on the other thread and based on no knowledge whatsoever but I reckon Tony would absolutely love to win the Melbourne Cup given his close family ties to Australia..

Best odds currently available (not on the exchanges) are 12/1... once he’s confirmed, I’d be absolutely amazed if he doesn’t go off at least half of those odds, probably much shorter when Tony gets involved :clap2:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He's bringIng over a couple of absolute ponies indeed.

'Fall over Zaha' chestnut gelding by 'Moan 2 Much' out of a 'Zero Gravity' mare.........always stumbling about in his box and should be given the .22 lead bullet treatment.

plus

'Hodgeson's Dilemma' an ageing mare by 'Pants against Iceland' out of a 'Last stop at Smellhurst' mare.....no recognisable track record but always good for a laugh.

TNBA

TTF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here