Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Brighton v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 22nd September 2018
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: The Complete And Utter Shyster

TEAM NEWS

Midfielder Pascal Gross, who is nursing an ankle injury, remains Brighton's only absentee.

Winger Jose Izquierdo and forward Florin Andone are awaiting their first appearances of the season after returning to fitness.

Tottenham will assess Dele Alli and Moussa Sissoko, who have returned to training after respective hamstring and knee problems.

Hugo Lloris is still injured so Michel Vorm will start in goal.

Toby Alderweireld and Kieran Trippier will return to the squad after being rested in Tuesday's Champions League defeat at Inter Milan.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Tottenham's worst week for a long time. Awful against Liverpool. Poor game management and late defending at Inter. Chaos over the new stadium.

The more reactionary Spurs fans are already moaning about Mauricio Pochettino. It's a nonsense to attack the manager. He's transformed the club into consistent challengers.

Someone will suffer a backlash soon. If Brighton play as they did in the first half at Southampton, it could be them.

But the comeback at St Mary's showed their true colours and the Amex will be buzzing, as it was in last season's 1-1 draw that accelerated the Seagulls' rush to safety.

Two victories in 16 league and cup games is not enough! But they could well get a point here against a club with problems on and off the pitch.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "[Tottenham] are a team that don't lose many games and by their standards are having a difficult time.

"And that's the time perhaps when they are at their most dangerous.

"They've got great, great quality. We know that we'll have to play at a really good level to get something from the game."

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "You know what is going to happen when we don't win games, the first responsible is me.

"I am going to stick with the club, I am not going to criticise the club.

"All the decisions are our decisions and of course we are always with the club until the end. Maybe still here in five years or maybe in one week we are not here, but I will always talk well about the club and help them to achieve all they want."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's last win against Tottenham was by 2-1 at home in the top flight in April 1983.
    [*=left]Spurs are unbeaten in the subsequent four meetings in league and cup (W3, D1), although the only encounter on the south coast was last season's 1-1 draw.
    [*=left]Tottenham have failed to score in just one of their previous 15 matches against Brighton in all competitions.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton's only defeat in their past nine home league games was against Leicester on 31 March.
    [*=left]After losing their first three Premier League home games against last season's top six (conceding 11 times in total), Brighton are unbeaten in four subsequent matches against them (W3, D1).
    [*=left]They have won just two of their last 14 league matches - both at home against Manchester United.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have fought back from two goals down to avoid defeat in each of their last two games. No team has ever done this in three consecutive Premier League matches.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored four goals in five Premier League games this season.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Spurs have lost back-to-back league games for the first time since May 2016.
    [*=left]They last suffered three consecutive top-flight defeats in November 2012 during Andre Villas-Boas' first season in charge.
    [*=left]Tottenham have lost three straight games in all competitions, which last happened in March 2014 during Tim Sherwood's tenure.
    [*=left]Five of the six league goals they have conceded this season have been headers. No other side has conceded more than three headed goals in the division.
    [*=left]Tottenham have failed to score in just one of their last 16 Premier League away games: May's 1-0 defeat at West Brom.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BBC weather spot on, it's just started raining here in Best Sussex.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
2-1 to the Albion, send those Spurs fans home with their heads hung low!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Is this the first time the shyster has been to the Amex?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Considerably better than bEast Sussex.

It's a match day. We're all one. You'll be in Falmer (Eastern) later supporting Brighton (Eastern) & Hove (Eastern) Albion as I will, so there's no need for the chip on your shoulder/West Sussex inferiority complex nonsense just because most of your neighbours with bumpkin accents are going to watch Pompey v Wycombe instead. You're better than them. You're one of us. :thumbsup:

#together
#sussexbythesea

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's a match day. We're all one. You'll be in Falmer (Eastern) later supporting Brighton (Eastern) & Hove (Eastern) Albion as I will, so there's no need for the chip on your shoulder/West Sussex inferiority complex nonsense just because most of your neighbours with bumpkin accents are going to watch Pompey v Wycombe instead. You're better than them. You're one of us. :thumbsup:

#together
#sussexbythesea

Underrated post. Insulting, superior and inclusive.
up.png

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Considerably better than bEast Sussex.

Please don’t bow to the mendacious politicos divide and rule agenda.

We are one County, United from East to West, don’t let the snivelling lickspittles of the central government split us, with their petty attempts to drive down our natural superiority over other lesser county’s, like Kent and Surrey.
Even, torn in two by Quislings and collaboraters, we are Sussex, and we won’t be druv.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just to dampen any spark of unrest, I always put 'Sussex'....not east, just 'Sussex' when providing my address.
Proud to live in the Kingdom of Sussex

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think we should embrace our West Sussex neighbours. Of course, if you are not from, or now living in the city of Brighton and Hove, you are technically a glory hunter, but we the true Brightonians and Hovians are bigger than that and we will allow you to join us in our celebrations as if you are almost one of us.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Ah, I remember the good old days - when there was a single Sussex, when Tottenham had a Famous Supporter... those days seem to be long gone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here