Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert and depression

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Many footballers suffer with depression. Well done to Bruno & Chris for getting Knocky a counsellor. It's good he had their support.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Wow, huge kudos, as you said. Just goes to show - it's so easy as a fan to slate footballers/sports people when they're not performing well on the pitch, but we don't know anything about what's going on in their lives/behind the scenes. Timely reminder with all the slating of a certain striker this week, I think .

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Can we PLEASE do some kind of fan display to show we support him and others going through depression?

Maybe pull in a depression related charity.

Honestly love the guy, first player for me since I was a young that’d I’d get on my shirt. And I haven’t done that for years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Looks like he is enjoying his football again this year - most improved player so far. Better decision making, mixing up quick passes and taking players on...looks like he could recreate his Championship form at this level.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Wow, huge kudos, as you said. Just goes to show - it's so easy as a fan to slate footballers/sports people when they're not performing well on the pitch, but we don't know anything about what's going on in their lives/behind the scenes. Timely reminder with all the slating of a certain striker this week, I think .

Get a flipping grip. Depression is a serious illness. Having a shit game isn't. What would be MASSIVELY dangerous to the progress in this area over the last few years is to start to assume someone might have depression because they have a bad day at work, or even worse to allow that to become the latest 'acceptable' reason of having a bad day at work because it will then get abused and dilute from people with real problems.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
As hard as that must have been for Knocky, it is an uplifting story that makes me proud of our club. Really like the view of Bruno the advisor and Hughton the godfather. Fits with my vision of how the club works. Thanks for sharing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Get a flipping grip. Depression is a serious illness. Having a shit game isn't. What would be MASSIVELY dangerous to the progress in this area over the last few years is to start to assume someone might have depression because they have a bad day at work, or even worse to allow that to become the latest 'acceptable' reason of having a bad day at work because it will then get abused and dilute from people with real problems.

I really didn't mean that we should assume that someone might be suffering from depression because they had a bad game at all.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Well done Knocky.. Well done Bruno, Chris and the club... the more people that open up and talk about these issues the better for everybody. #together...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play to him, can’t be easy in a normal job let alone one with 30,000+ fans with high expectations for you to deliver.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Dude, calm down, there was nothing bad in his post, just a cautionary note, on we don’t know peoples circumstances and situations people go through.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well done Knocky.. Well done Bruno, Chris and the club... the more people that open up and talk about these issues the better for everybody. #together...

Massively important. Was discussing this with my son earlier when he was asking about the Samaritans and what they did.

So many wasted lives to depression and so often because young men feel that they can't speak to anyone.

Well done to Bruno, Chris and the club, but mostly well done to AK for saying he needed help and now for being honest and talking about it.

Stuff like this will actually save lives.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Massively important. Was discussing this with my son earlier when he was asking about the Samaritans and what they did.

So many wasted lives to depression and so often because young men feel that they can't speak to anyone.

Well done to Bruno, Chris and the club, but mostly well done to AK for saying he needed help and now for being honest and talking about it.

Stuff like this will actually save lives.

This. Absolutely have the utmost respect for AK for telling someone and asking for help.
As someone just recently stepping out of an extremely dark period in life I can vouch for speaking up being the hardest thing but the best thing.

#together means so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here