Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 player profile - left-back George Cox

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If there is an Albion player whose career to date illustrates the vagaries of football development, it is local lad George Cox. From playing at Wembley at the age of 11, to not being offered a scholarship by his hometown club; from being rejected by Aston Villa for being too small, to being ever-present in the Albion U-23s promotion-winning season. Cox has already experienced the highs and lows of attempting to make a career out of the sport you love to play.

Fate had another curveball for the development squad left-back when a potential loan move in the summer was scuppered by a medical condition. Thankfully Cox is well on the way to a return to the football pitch. You can read more about Cox's journey thus far here -----------> U-23 Player Profile - George Cox

Cox is the third in an ongoing series of detailed profiles of the members of the U-23 squad. If you've missed the first two, you can read all about right-back Owen Moore here and centre-back Ben Barclay here.

If there is a particular player that you would like to see featured next in this series, let me know......

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
This looks like a great ‘series’.

I’m can’t access the link on Tapatalk for some reason but I’ll be sure to give it a look tomorrow on a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
George Cox is such a famous local sporting name. It's about time one played for the Albion

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have not seen George have a bad game for the U23 when ever he has played, he certainly has the talent to make it at a high level. He is quick and pacey down the wings and puts in fantastic crosses.

Just needs a side to not get too bothered by his size as he makes up for it with his skill and abilities. In fact I have just got back from watching Arsenal tonight and they had a small talented played named Torreira playing in a European game. I hope George can get some loan time that helps him work his way back into our first team squad.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I love these profiles so much, almost as much as I love watching George Cox, a superb player and I really hope he makes it at the Albion

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
George made his football league debut today when he started (and played 75 minutes) in Northampton Town's 3-0 home win over Carlisle United.

:clap2:

CoxJan122019DebutNorthamptonTownvCarlisle.jpg

CoxJan122019DebutNorthamptonTownvCarlisle2.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If he made his Northampton debut in mid-January, how come it's taken almost two months for him to get a second game, get injured and be packed off home to Brighton?

Who knows, perhaps he was just a loanee back up for their superstars!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If he made his Northampton debut in mid-January, how come it's taken almost two months for him to get a second game, get injured and be packed off home to Brighton?

The game he got injured in was against Cambridge United on January 19.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Him and Sanders 2 of our best hopes. Understand Sanders also injured Is this anything to do with his major injury at beginning of season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here