Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Bissouma-Propper-Jahanbakhsh
Murray​

Subs: Button, Montoya, Balogun, Kayal, March, Andone, Locadia

Spurs are having a bit of a wobble so I hope we take it to them.

Return of El Capitan to link up with Knocky (Montoya has done nothing wrong so if he keeps the position that's fine, they're both good) down the right hand side. Bissouma as Gross looks like he's still going to be out, probably playing in a more advanced position than the other two in the middle. Alireza in for Solly, he looks ready to start now.

:bhasign:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Bissouma-Propper-Jahanbakhsh
Murray​

Subs: Button, Montoya, Balogun, Kayal, March, Andone, Locadia

Spurs are having a bit of a wobble so I hope we take it to them.

Return of El Capitan to link up with Knocky (Montoya has done nothing wrong so if he keeps the position that's fine, they're both good) down the right hand side. Bissouma as Gross looks like he's still going to be out, probably playing in a more advanced position than the other two in the middle. Alireza in for Solly, he looks ready to start now.

:bhasign:

Agreed....Montoya will start ahead of Bruno though. Only other change could be Bernardo for Bong as Bong made too many mistakes on Monday. Would love to see Ali start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The usual team.

End of thread.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed....Montoya will start ahead of Bruno though. Only other change could be Bernardo for Bong as Bong made too many mistakes on Monday. Would love to see Ali start.

Viewing the game on the box..Montoya didnt have that good a game imho...so maybe an outside chance of Bruno.

I thought Chris said Pascall was close...so I wouldn't rule him out.....I'm interested to see if Andone makes the bench or has he got to play another u23 first

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Viewing the game on the box..Montoya didnt have that good a game imho...so maybe an outside chance of Bruno.

I thought Chris said Pascall was close...so I wouldn't rule him out.....I'm interested to see if Andone makes the bench or has he got to play another u23 first

Maybe......Redmond had him on toast for most of the game (from what I could see at pitch level anyway).

Good point re Andone......must be close.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Will be the usual, probably. I'd like it to be:

-------------------------- Ryan --------------------------
Montoya ------ Duffy ------- Dunk ------ Bernardo
Knockaert - Stephens - Propper - Jahanbakhsh
-------------- Bissouma ----------------------------------
------------------------- Murray ---------------------------

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Will be the usual, probably. I'd like it to be:

-------------------------- Ryan --------------------------
Montoya ------ Duffy ------- Dunk ------ Bernardo
Knockaert - Stephens - Propper - Jahanbakhsh
-------------- Bissouma ----------------------------------
------------------------- Murray ---------------------------

exactly this, but no chance

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe......Redmond had him on toast for most of the game (from what I could see at pitch level anyway).

Good point re Andone......must be close.

Andone very close - the u23s are playing Everton tomorrow night. No Andone in that line up and he's probably on the bench on Saturday. Izquierdo almost certainly going to get his first (u23s) Albion run out this season tomorrow. Gross looks out for at least Spurs, possibly Man City but Hughton unclear in post Saints press conference as to his absence although he said "it's not [an injury] thats going to keep him out for a number of games" - so presumably a week or so if recovery goes ok.
And we can't be far off home (starting) debuts for Ali J and Bissouma now...

so i'm guessing:

Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bong, Bissouma, Propper, Stephens, Ali J, Knockaert, Murray.
Subs: Button, Bruno, Balogun, Kayal, March , Andone, Locadia

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
----------------------Ryan----------------------
-- Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo --
------------------ Stephens -------------------
Knockaert - Propper - Bissouma - Ali J
------------------ Locadia ---------------------

Propper and Bissouma to swap around in the No. 10 role along with Knocky and Ali J swapping wings regularly.

This attack minded midfield can supply Locadia with the right type of delivery to bang those goals in. :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Same as Southampton except hopefully Ali J in for March. But can’t see him dropping March as will need him to defend against probably the best right flank in the league (trippier, Moura).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Based on exhaustive research on this message board I would start with
Bruno - untouchable legend
Dunk - local boy done good
Duffy - (so long as no “google-me” moments before Saturday)
Montoya - only because not been with us long enough to be lambasted
Balogun - done well on limited opportunities
AJ - see Montoya plus nice smile

This gives us a 0-5-1-0 formation which with Spurs’ current form should be enough for a 1-0 win.

The rest:
Ryan - too short obvs
Bong - irrational dislike means cannot be selected. Prone to looking a bit awkward irrespective of defensive skills or stats
Pröpper - one bad half in 40 games means get rid to Scottish first division club
Stephens - see Bong. Also we are proven to win easily without him. Doesn’t score enough
March - needs at least a season long loan in the Championship
Knockaert - petulant. Championship at best
Murray - once didn’t shake the hand of every away fan, tainted in Croydon and was shy when younger coming across as aloof
Locadia - trod on a ball once so deserves ridicule amongst this audience of sporting excellence
Andone - sick note don’t even bother
Izzy - awol
Kayal - always auto-corrects to Kayak so should be omitted for that reason alone
Gross - too slow
Everyone else - too obsolete to be good enough to diss
Hughton - too boring - especially away from home

Apologies if I have misrepresented group opinion or chosen someone who has been slated on a thread I haven’t read.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Andone very close - the u23s are playing Everton tomorrow night. No Andone in that line up and he's probably on the bench on Saturday. Izquierdo almost certainly going to get his first (u23s) Albion run out this season tomorrow. Gross looks out for at least Spurs, possibly Man City but Hughton unclear in post Saints press conference as to his absence although he said "it's not [an injury] thats going to keep him out for a number of games" - so presumably a week or so if recovery goes ok.
And we can't be far off home (starting) debuts for Ali J and Bissouma now...

so i'm guessing:

Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bong, Bissouma, Propper, Stephens, Ali J, Knockaert, Murray.
Subs: Button, Bruno, Balogun, Kayal, March , Andone, Locadia

Both started at home to Saints in the C Cup

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here