Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can I give/sell my ST or not.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick when I understood from earlier messages from the club that I was liable to lose my ST if I were to lend it or sell it to a friend for a match I couldn’t make!

I have now just received this email:-

As a supporter holding a concession season ticket (65+, U21, U18 or U10) you are reminded that, if you personally can't make a match, you can upgrade your ticket so it can be used by an adult.

With a number of evening matches between now and the end of the season, we realise that supporters may wish to take the opportunity to upgrade tickets, rather than leave the seat empty. You can upgrade a maximum of six times in a season.

So can I, or anyone else, just ‘lend’ out their ST?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's always been accepted that season tickets can be passed on to a relative/mate if you can't make the match. Our group regularly do it, I took my son to the Fulham game on his granddads season ticket without an issue.

What the club are against is season tickets being passed on via touts or openly sold on, at much greater prices than face value.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's always been accepted that season tickets can be passed on to a relative/mate if you can't make the match. Our group regularly do it, I took my son to the Fulham game on his granddads season ticket without an issue.

What the club are against is season tickets being passed on via touts or openly sold on, at much greater prices than face value.

So why do the clubs terms and conditions not say that?

What they do say is:-

3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. . . . . . .

3.2 You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket:
3.2.1 to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business; . . . . .

3.3 The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Season Ticket may amount to a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a Season Ticket has been sold or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking this law. . . . . .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Same thing...Denver on business for the wolves game. I put mine on the exchange last year as BAG couldn't make it and it worked really well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Honestly don't know where to start with this...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So why do the clubs terms and conditions not say that?

What they do say is:-

3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. . . . . . .

3.2 You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket:
3.2.1 to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business; . . . . .

3.3 The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Season Ticket may amount to a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a Season Ticket has been sold or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be brought against those breaking this law. . . . . .

Because technically and strictly it isn't allowed (and leaving it this was keeps the club's options open if, say, you pass your ticket to a mate who ends up causing trouble for example), but it's 'widely accepted' that the club currently turn a blind eye to STs being passed to mates (in the same price category). Apart from being a sensible approach, it's also pragmatic as to police all 'standard' adult STs as being used by the holder would be very difficult (ID check on everyone coming into the ground ?). What the email is doing is reminding you that concessionary tickets can be upgraded 6 times a year - I've done this once already this season when junior couldn't make it so I took a pal instead - called the club, paid the difference for the upgrade. I guess they think reminding people is going to help stop people trying to take the piss and get an adult in on a kid's ticket etc, or selling it to a tout/agent

The exchange is the alternative option - sell your ticket, and get the money you've paid back (less a small admin fee)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you asked for the club's written permission to lend a season ticket to a friend for one or a few one-off games, would they give it? Has anyone tried?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The club have to put that the ticket is non-transferable in the terms due to law relating to resale of football tickets. The reality is that they turn a blind eye to you giving your season ticket to a mate, even if it is in exchange for a couple of quid. Even if they didn't, how would they know anyway?

What would get you into trouble is if you were to openly advertise it for sale to randoms on eBay or social media.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You can do what you like with your season ticket....Advertising on NSC what you intend or want to do with it however is not the best idea !!!!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It will not be long before STHs are asked to upload a passport style photo for the Club to store. On scanning your ST card at the turnstile for a home game, your photo will show on a small screen facing the stewards inside the turnstile, and they will make a comparison check. It will not be long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It will not be long before STHs are asked to upload a passport style photo for the Club to store. On scanning your ST card at the turnstile for a home game, your photo will show on a small screen facing the stewards inside the turnstile, and they will make a comparison check. It will not be long.

No chance of this happening then. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It’s ironic that the ticket office suggested to me that I try and find a home for surplus guest tickets I had bought for the Man Utd game on social media. I could not upgrade them (one was U21) nor return them.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick when I understood from earlier messages from the club that I was liable to lose my ST if I were to lend it or sell it to a friend for a match I couldn’t make!

I have now just received this email:-

As a supporter holding a concession season ticket (65+, U21, U18 or U10) you are reminded that, if you personally can't make a match, you can upgrade your ticket so it can be used by an adult.

With a number of evening matches between now and the end of the season, we realise that supporters may wish to take the opportunity to upgrade tickets, rather than leave the seat empty. You can upgrade a maximum of six times in a season.

So can I, or anyone else, just ‘lend’ out their ST?
just lend your mate your season ticket and get it back in time for.the next game , why are you making yoursekf busy about it ffs ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here